“The best macarons in New York!”
Review of Macaron Parlour

Macaron Parlour
Ranked #116 of 332 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: East Village
Description: Macaron Parlour was founded in 2010 by Christina Ha and Simon Tung. The dynamic duo independently fantasized about opening their own bakery and upon meeting, Macaron Parlour was born. Christina has a love for bite sized petit fours and studied macarons at La Haute Pâtisserie Pierre Hermé in Paris. Simon perfected his macaron technique with M.O.F. Stephane Glacier.After meeting in 2009, Christina and Simon began selling macarons at the Hester Street Fair and quickly branched out to other food and holiday fairs. As demand grew, they realized a store was the natural next step. Christina and Simon's love of macarons isn't the only kind they share; the couple married in April 2012.Macaron Parlour offers an array of macarons that expand beyond traditional flavors. While paying homage to typical buttercream and ganache fillings, they also provide unconventional and savory options such as s'mores, red velvet, and candied bacon with maple cream cheese. Additionally, they were the first to make select macarons with brown sugar, which they believe enhances flavor and complements the filling.The patisserie also serves a variety of baked goods (chocolate chip cookies, raspberry croissants, blondies, kouign amanns) along with Blue Bottle coffee, Harney & Sons tea, and raspberry lemonade.A portion of the sales of every lemon macaron will be donated to Alex's Lemonade Stand, an organization committed to find a cure for pediatric cancer.
Reviewed 29 September 2018

What wonderful flavors! The macaron itself, the cream, it's all delicious.

Special flavor is the Cheetos.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I see from Trip Advisor reviews that Macaron Parlour has another location on Hester Street. I’m guessing that the one we visited today has just recently opened. While it’s small, it has a cozy interior with comfortable seating. My wife and I split an oatmeal scone, which was tasty and surprisingly filling even though their specialty is clearly a beautiful selection of macaroon cookies . We also each ordered iced latttes with almond milk. While we were sitting and enjoying our little snack a young couple came in with their two small children and the kids seems perfectly comfortable in what I’m sure is a child friendly and welcoming cafe!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped by after visiting the kitties at the Meow Parlour, which is right next door. We bought six maracons for $15, and they were delicious. We sat at the tables and ate them right away, but they came in a pretty little box that would definitely had kept them safe from being crushed had I chosen to stow them in my bag instead. If you are visiting the Meow Parlour, you can order from here and have your treats delivered to you while you visit the cats.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2017

We were a little early to our reservation with the Meow Parlour next door so we decided to stop here for some refreshments beforehand. (I believe you can also order while in Meow Parlour and have them bring it over). We ordered a few different kinds of macarons- some were for the flavor, some because they were just so plain cute! All were super yummy. I also ordered their raspberry lemonade that was really refreshing but I wish I'd asked for less ice since it felt like I didn't get as much of the lemonade as I was hoping to. I actually had a hard time slipping my straw through because the cup was so full of ice. It was a super nice touch that they also have a little dispenser with water that patrons can have for free. Super cute place, yummy macarons, a nice place for a treat if you're in the area.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2016

nice little place, specialized in macarons. Good coffee, attentive service and delicious home made cookies!

Date of visit: October 2016