“Not good enough”

Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We heard about Ducks Eatery at Tripple D and when we visited New York we went there.
The food is not that good. I ordered St. Louis Ribs which were full of gristles and tasteless and they come without any sides. Those were the worse ribs I have ever eaten and I usually like ribs a lot. My husband ordered the Red Beans and Rice which was supposed to have lamb but you could barely find the meat in there. Also it was way too spicy and the rice tasteless.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Limited menu. I struggled to find anything that I liked. I felt my meat was under-cooked. My companions loved their goat neck dish. Reasonable service, easy to get a reservation.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Great decor, friendly staff, lovely ambience. And of course the food is pretty good too! I had the spicy beef pastrami jerky for starters and it was delish, quite spicy too! I was convinced to try the crawfish boil and I quite enjoyed it, though it was a bit more trouble than it was worth for dinner out I think. It would have been nice if they offered some lemon and water to wash my hands in. All in all, a lovely place, worth a visit!

1  Thank seantzw
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Recommended by friends, we found the restaurant to be quite interesting. Their signature dish, goats neck, was delicious as was the artichoke appetizer. The chicken wings had an interesting rub, but they were dry. My favorite part was the Pickle Back drink I had. First time for me and it was great. A large shot of Jack followed by a pickle juice chaser. Sounds terrible but it’s absolutely fantastic.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Ducks Eatery has a really good atmosphere and great drinks. When it comes to the food the portions were a bit small considering the price. I ordered the St. Louis Ribs which were good, but could do with a bit more flavour (tastet a little bland). Friendly staff made for a great evening.