3,806 results
All reviewssalvation tacogrand central stationrooftop barrooms are smallbunk roomtaco restaurantfrosted glasstop bunknew yorksmall deskmurray hillprivate bathroomsliding doorfree wifichrysler buildingfew blocksplace to sleep
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

The rooms are tiny but well designed- a double was ok for one but I have no idea how two people with luggage would cope.
It’s not that great value two days in May room-only $475 once they add tonnes of local taxes. If you book through Booking.com the bill comes as a shock.
The rooftop bar is very cool but non residents start queuing in the lobby at 6pm after work and there’s security shouting to form a line etc making the lobby congested.

I waited twenty two minutes to get served on the rooftop. The staff were frazzled.

The India junk style interior of the lower Bar area is lovely but is not actually part of the hotel which means if you even drink your own water bottle you get told you can’t consume your own food. This means there’s very little space to crash. And in the evening the downstairs bar is heaving with a young party crowd.

On balance I think I would value a bit more space and priority for residents so they can enjoy the common parts. CitizenM is a better model.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Cinthia M, Front Office Manager at Pod 39 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hello Nicola W,

Thank you very much for your feedback to help us improve. Yes our rooms are tiny but most of our guest that travel and stay at our hotel usually don't bring too many luggages. The ones that do usually book a Queen Pod which has a little bit more space (140 sq. ft.).

Yes Booking.com does not show you the taxes when you book just has the percentage of taxes (14.75% plus a $3.50 occupancy tax per night) on fine print. However, upon check in we let you know the full amount room and tax on the registration card before signing.

I sinceraly apologize for all the trouble you had at the rooftop and lobby. We just opened this season with new staff. We are currently, changing and updating the operations of the restaurant and rooftop for the guest and non-guests entering the hotel. Of course, guests have priority going up to the rooftop and restaurant but there is a maximum capacity that we have to meet on both grounds. At any time you can show your room key or speak to the front desk and we would me more than happy to assist you.

Cinthia M

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Too many things I did not like, such as:

1. We order a transfer to the airport. The guy told us to wait about 8 minutes, and we did for more than 30!! The car was very old, and in very poor conditions. The driver was driving like crazy all the way to JFK, he also stop to get petrol on the way. He was playing the radio very loud when we got into the car.

The worst situation was at the time of trying to pay with VISA. We told the reception about this before, and they replied that it was fine, but we will be charged 10% extra. Once we arrived at the airport, the driver did not have the machine, so he wrote down all my VISA information in a piece of paper. When I ask for my invoice, he said that I will received by email!! and he did not have it!! Then, when I said so, he gave me a blanck paper only with the phone number of the transfer agency, with no other information. After discussing for a while, we wrote down the final price in the same paper with a pen, and told me that he had no other alternative. Now we are very worried about our VISA. We hope he will not take more money, and because I did not get any invoice, I cannot justify that cost to the company who sent me to NYC.

2. The room was quite cold, and they do not have extra blankets.

3. The pub downstairs was very noisi and disturbing.

4. The window of the room was extremely dirty. It was hard to see thruw.

5. The double room was very small. Almost no place to put the bags.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ferio
Cinthia M, Front Office Manager at Pod 39 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Hello Ferio,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you encountered all these issues while staying with us. I would like to discuss these issues in greater details with you, if you have a moment can you please email me directly.

We would greatly appreciate your feedback in helping us improve.

cmatos@podhotel39.com

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This was a perfectly adequate hotel. Tiny room but clean and comfortable. Restaurant and bar were closed which may have improved my experience but not bad overall. Location is great; staff were very nice.

That said, I would NOT pay more than $185 tops for these rooms and have been amazed to see rates over $235! Also make sure when you book that you’re getting a private bathroom if you want one, since the default booking (and price!) on travel sites is for shared.

Soap .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hello Wendy L,

Thank you for your review. Our rates vary everyday but we do keep our rates on the lowest range price from the hotels near us. All of our rooms in our hotel has a private bathroom, only our other location Pod 51 has shared bathrooms.

Happy to say that our restaurant and rooftop bar are fully open as of this week.

Very glad to hear that our staff, location and soap were great!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Pod39 is perfect place to stay for a quick getaway in NYC. Every time I visit NYC, I rarely spend much time in my room and just need a place to sleep - Pod39 was exactly that. The room was small, but big enough to store your luggage/get ready. I was impressed by how clean and comfortable it was as well. The rooftop bar and Salvation Taco restaurant in the lobby were an added plus as well. Perfect location as well. You can't go wrong with this hotel - I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator and still had minimal noise!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Chose this hotel as I didn't want my colleague to pay a lot more for a single room after my husband joined me at the end of my worktrip. This hotel is great as it offers room options for single travellers, friends (bunk beds) and couples (queen bed). Dont think it does very well for families with young children since the rooms are really tight and tiny (bumped my knee a few times my first night trying to move round the room). But location was good-- a few blocks from grand central and nearish to port authority. Will stay here again if travelling without my kids.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello haejina,

Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear that you had a good stay with us. Yes, we do have different room types for single occupancy guest and friends/couples, however we do have the adjoining Pods which is configured of a Queen Pod and a Small Bunk Pod across from each other with an additional entrance door that can be closed or open up to your convenience for more privacy. The adjoining Pod has a maximum occupancy of 4 guests. We also have one room in the entire hotel that occupies a maximum of four guests in one room- Double Bunk Pod which consists of two sets of bunk beds. These Pods are designed to accommodate families by meeting our Pod concept, and at the same time, at a less expensive budget. Perhaps one of these options could possibly work for you if traveling with kids?

Feel free to reach out to us if you would like to consider booking either one of these options or would like to have more information.