Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
WaupacaTraveller
Decatur, Georgia

Excellent Central Park Hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Jun 2024
Right on the park. Outstanding service from check in to departure. Club level is worth the extra fees. Food is great and staffed by warm and friendly people. Regular rooms are large and well equipped. Third time at this hotel--my go to place for NYC
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: Scaffolding is going up to repair the façade. Don't spend extra on a view. Go visit the park in...
Trip type: Travelled with family
    $230
1.2 km from The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
View more hotels in New York City
1,956 results
All reviews the club lounge central park park view new york four seasons room service beautiful room luxury hotel columbus circle turn down service an upgrade nyc hotel concierge properties regis avenue manhattan
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 June 2024

We had a wonderful two nights stay at The Ritz Carlton, New York, Central Park

Our room was a deluxe room with two double beds with limited view on the sixth floor room 617

First off the check in And the arrival experience we were arriving from another hotel and When we got there, we were greeted by the staff and we did arrive a little bit early at like 3 o’clock so our room wasn’t ready but we were free to explore central Park so once we got back to the hotel, possibly around Eight or nine We went to our room and it was a wonderful spacious room with a nice bathroom with a tub and a shower and it was so epic about the bathroom as we had a window outside. The double beds were so comfortable and there was a nice desk area and a lounge area to sit and read a book we also enjoyed the convenience of having a TV in the room to watch movies and also sign into our Netflix account We did have club lounge access for the second night of our stay and I have to say it was definitely worth it to get The club lounge First of all, It was all very good. We definitely enjoyed breakfast which was delicious lunch. I even try to new food there. They had a crab salad sandwich and a roast beef sandwich, which was delicious. For dinner, we had crabcakes and a shrimp cocktail there For breakfast this morning, it was basically the same and by the way, the pastries were delicious as well. Lunch was very good. They had a lobster rolls which I had never had before from a club lounge at the Ritz Carlton. I ended up eating five or six of them total because they were so good but that’s the only thing I had for lunch and it was delicious, other than that the club lounge staff was very helpful as well as the concierge desk because on the day of our arrival we were trying to figure out the bus tour of where to pick it up and the concierge team was Very nice and helpful about it other than that we truly had a nice day and I just want to say thank you to the front desk staff The club lounge staff and the concierge staff for helping us in planning our New York Central Park day it was wonderful to come back to this hotel after five years and we truly enjoyed it and hope to come back soon in the near future

Room tip: The only helpful Tip Is when you have the club lounge access only two people can go at a time if you bring a third person it’s an extra cost
Date of stay: June 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2024 via mobile

My very favorite hotel in New York. The location cannot be beat. We stayed for 2 nights for a birthday celebration. We have stayed before and when you return, the staff treats you like old friends. The bar, room service is second to none.

The park view rooms will always be worth the splurge.

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2024 via mobile

Coffee was burnt and could brew a now pot served us the wrong order twice and the eggs undercooked despite asking for them well done
Prices were ridicules plain bagel $9 side of tomato’s 12$ for 2 slices burnt coffee $11
The sever got
Spoke to managment they just shrugged their shoulders
Ritz is usually great especially the food
I’ll never go to this hotel again

Trip type: Travelled with family
Tina Tza, Other at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2024

Dear A9734CJandrewt,

First of all, thank you for sharing your much appreciated feedback with us.

My most sincere apologies for the experience you encountered in our restaurant and that our service was not following your expectations. We are striving to provide the best personalized service and we will share your feedback with the teams, to ensure we improve moving forward.

I would like to send you a personal note as I would be pleased to discuss your experience in further detail. However, I did not see any contact information. When you have a moment, please reach out to me at remy.dorfmann@ritzcarlton.com.

Once again, my apologies of falling short of your expectations. I sincerely hope to have the pleasure welcoming you in the near future, providing you the Ritz-Carlton service.

I wish you an excellent day.

Best regards,

Rémy Dorfmann
Senior Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2024 via mobile

Can I say what a disappointment in comparison to my stay at The Ritz-Carlton in San Francisco, which was amazing… NYC take a note. I will admit I was annoyed to get the worst room in the hotel but this was compounded…
1. They forgot the iron I requested
2. There was no water in the room on arrival
3. Being annoyed I left my passport in the safe, whilst security did retrieve it, after calling ahead, I still needed to wait for it to be delivered.

These are small things but when you’re paying the equivalent to a business class ticket to Australia for a 3 day stay I expect the hotel to be on the ball. I suggest the staff at check out knew I was unhappy… typically I’d come to be asked “How was your stay?”

In short don’t bother…

Room tip: Avoid this hotel…
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tina Tza, Other at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2024

Dear Mr. Buckmaster,

I hope you and your family are well.

Thank you for your recent visit to The Ritz Carlton New York, Central Park.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to create a memorable experience for you.

I reviewed the history of the reservation and saw that you had reserved our Deluxe King room. To better assist you with a higher room category, if you wish, my Reservations Team can send you information on our other room categories. We do have other categories that offers views of the city and Central Park.

Our priority is for you to be comfortable in your accommodations.

Regarding your request for water, several bottles are located in the draws of the entertainment unit. I apologize that you were not made aware of this area. I will include in your profile that you wish to have water upon arrival.

Please know that I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team regarding the iron, as this is certainly an item that we carry. We store a portable steamer in the closet but I understand an iron is the preference.

I was relieved to have read that the hotel was able to locate your passport. I had an opportunity in speaking with Security. They had to retrieve the passport from the safe. I apologize that you had to wait for a team member to present it to you.

Thank you for your loyalty as Bonvoy and we look forward to your next visit to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any further assistance.

Andrew Rogers
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Andrew.rogers@ritzcarlton.com

Reviewed 29 April 2024 via mobile

This must be the saddest, the oldest and smallest Ritz in the world. Old facilities, sticking wires in the room, loose taps, low ceilings. Sad tiny gym.

On positive side: great location, clean, amazing and helpful concierge team, positive attitude from everyone.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BairamV74
Aaron Watts, Guest Services / Front Office at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2024

Dear Mr. BairamV74,

Thank you for choosing the Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park for your past stay and for kindly taking the time to share valuable feedback of your experience with us.

We are truly sorry you were disappointed with your accommodation. Proving our guests with elevated, seamless and comfortable stays is our daily commitment and we are deeply sorry we failed to meet both yours and our standards of excellence. We have alerted our engineering team to do a thorough check of every element in your room so any flaws can be rectified.

Our building may be one of the landmarks in New York, however we make sure we maintain and upkeep our facilities to the highest standards. It is surprising you found our gym facilities small, as we have a rather expansive gym with all modern equipment as well as a movement studio where any specified workout program can be run for specialized exercising needs.

Thank you for acknowledging our Ladies & Gentlemen who are committed to providing the finest from the heart service. We will certainly share your compliments with them and especially our Concierge team that can make any stay even more memorable.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and should you choose to do so, I would very much like to personally tend to your stay and ensure you have an exceptional experience.

With appreciation,