3,478 results
All reviews times square wine hour wine reception new york complimentary wine the theater district half block front desk staff mini bar each evening perfect location great boutique cupcakes street noise broadway show by nyc standards hotel restaurant
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

The fantastic service started with the phone call to kimpton hotels. I told them I was celebrating my birthday in New York. They were very informative and helped me decide that the Muse Hotel was my best choice. We stayed at the Muse from June 11-18. I went with my daughter and the immediate friendliness from the staff made us feel welcomed. Everyone was very courteous, helpful, and caring. They sent up a birthday card along with birthday treats. Housekeeping was great with cleaning our room daily and always friendly. Daniel, a concierge, was extra helpful and greeted us daily. All the staff we encountered helped make our stay memorable.
The location was perfect for us because we wanted to be near Times Square. The Muse helped my birthday celebration be extra special and unforgettable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank yolanda644
Brenda B, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear yolanda644,
Wow! Thank you so much for all of the kind words about your recent stay! I have passed along your words of praise to Daniel, who were pleased to be of service during your stay. I'm so glad that our staff exceeded your expectations and we were able to make your daughter's birthday memorable. Please let us know when you plan to return. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

I don't really have anything negative to say. I just don't have anything positive enough to justify the sky high price. Hip decor is the best I can do. If you're visiting NYC as a tourist, I strongly suggest that you only stay in Times Square if you're seeing a lot of Broadway shows (i.e. location convenience) or you just really want to stay in the middle of chaos. If you really want a Kimpton hotel, the sister hotel Eventi is 15 minutes away but much nicer and cheaper.

A decent bar/restaurant, although the cocktail quality varied with who was working there. The free coffee in the morning wasn't very good and taken away too early, with no coffeemaker in the room. The free wine during the evening social included a "rose" that was really a dessert wine.

The A/C was very strong, which I like, but it clicked on and off loudly every 10 minutes or so, so earplugs are helpful.

Every room on the floor is a different layout, and very differently sized, so be flexible with the shape.

My room was on the 3rd floor and faced directly onto the building behind it. This meant very little sunlight in the room, and it almost felt like an interior room. Benefits: very quiet and no strong sun in the morning. Downside: a little claustrophobic, even though the room was decently sized.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank FoggyEthan
Brenda B, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Hello FoggyEthan,
Thank you so much for the review and feedback. I'm so sorry to hear the visit was just OK, this is definitely not the level of service we provide here at Kimpton and the Muse. I hope to see you back in the near future so we can meet your expectations and give you a true Kimpton experience.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

I found this hotel to be top notch as are most of the Kimpton hotels. I had a room with 2 Queen beds which was large by NYC hotel standards. Beautifully designed in black, white, and grays and ultra modern with hip graphic touches. Amazing shower with a large rain head above and also a wall mount head. Service was excellent and everyone at the main desk were so friendly and helpful. From 5-6pm each night there was free wine in the gorgeous lobby so you could imbibe a little before heading out to dinner. Short blocks to all the theaters but be aware you are just a block from the throngs of people in Times Square but that is part of the NY experience. Definitely join the Kimpton Karma Rewards before you go and you get free wifi and a $15 credit at the in-room mini bar.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank glasslover
Brenda B, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Dear glasslover,
It sounds like we've gained a loyal Kimpton Karma guest! Thank you much for the thoughtful review! It's lovely to hear that you enjoyed our spacious and modern rooms. We love wine hour just as much as you do so I'm so glad it was the perfect start to your evening. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in business and after a long day of meetings it was nice to come back to such a cute, fun room. It looked like the room had been recently renovated or at least maintained very nicely. It was spacious for a NYC hotel and the bathroom was very roomy and well lit. However, there was no bathtub, which would have been nice. The animal printed bathrobes in the closet were a nice touch and went with the quirky theme of the hotel. It was a small, more intimate feeling property than I'm used to staying in, but I actually enjoyed it. I ordered room service, which was overpriced for the quality. I also ate breakfast at the restaurant. It was also overpriced for what it was, but the atmosphere was nice.

My only real complaint is the front desk staff and the lobby (or rather lack of a lobby). The front desk staff wasn't very friendly when I asked about checking in early (I arrived at the hotel a few hours before check in and wanted to change clothes before my meetings). I was told rather rudely there was no availability and no chance I would be able to check in even a minute early. I asked if there was an area where I could sit and work for a few hours and the woman just pointed to the "lobby" behind me, which consisted of a few padded benches sprinkled around the very small, dark area that they call the lobby. There were already quite a few people sitting around there looking uncomfortable and several were actually sitting on the floor...which is really the only way I could see being able to work on a laptop. I finally just gave up trying and went to my meeting site early to work and changed clothes in a bathroom. For that reason, I don't think I'd recommend this hotel for business travelers...it's obviously not where their focus is.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear shellbell757,
Thank you for your feedback and I'm happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We strive to care of our business travelers, so you can start each day on the right foot. I'd like to sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate your early check-in request. We would love to have you back!

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

We're in New York at the muse hotel and what a little gem it is , the staff are so friendly they fall over themselves to help you . Our room was first class very clean , with a fridge fully stocked from alcohol to chocolate . We're in a room facing the back of the hotel and in previous reviews we read before we came over they said it was noisy , we haven't heard a thing maybe if noise bothers you and your a light sleeper you should ask for a rear view room. The bathroom is stocked with shampoo , conditioner, shower gel , and body lotion , and hair dryer and has a full size iron and board . We would defiantly return to this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mofopixi

Dear Mofopixi,
Thank you for the great review I truly appreciate your kind words about our staff and that the rooms were quiet. We cannot wait to welcome you back to the Muse soon!