Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Nature Horizons has you covered

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
johnsG7348FI

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would highly recommend Nature Horizons Tours. Travelling all the way from Ireland to tick one of the seven summits off the list.
January 10, 2021, my friend and I hiked Mt. Kilimanjaro. We hiked the 6 day Machame route. This trek was a last-minute decision, and it was the best decision ever. I met Nature Horizons owner, Dominick, 3 years ago while traveling and have always kept in contact. Upon requesting a price quote for my friend and me, Dominick responded with a price quote that I had to book immediately. The Nature Horizons team picked me up from the airport and dropped me off at my hostel, which they recommended to me. I did not start my climb until 3 days after I arrived in Moshi, Tanzania. At that time, the Nature Horizons team was a phone call away if I needed a ride anywhere.
As this was a last-minute decision, I did not have any of the appropriate climbing gear. We ended up renting everything I needed for the hike in Moshi for a more than fair price. Our lead guide, Patrick, was the best. He kept us at a good pace the entire time, so we didn't drain our energy. We took the Machame route, which is all camping. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were prepared daily; we always had more than enough food to eat and water to drink. I could go on and on about the service we received but ill end it here. This was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, and I am so happy about my last-minute choice to hike the highest mountain in Africa. I will see you in the Himalayas for our next treck!

Ps. I highly recommend a quick trip to Zanzibar, head down to Paje for the nice beaches, it’s the best way to rest those legs..

Date of experience: January 2021