4,619 results
All reviewsfree breakfasttimes squarefull size fridgebagelsnew yorkport authoritystove topfridge freezersmall kitchenevening receptionlower floorrooftop terracepenn stationthe breakfast areacoffee makerhell's kitchenthe empire state building
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

When we arrived we were disappointed. We had been travelling all day and the staff on reception were slow and seemingly uninterested. Going up in the lift we expected the worst. But then we walked into our room.

The rooms are a little strange. There is a kitchenette with a dishwasher and microwave etc. The fridge and availability of ice was really useful. Plus tea and coffee in the room.

Some of the furniture is a bit tired. But the beds were comfortable and everything was very clean.

After the first experience with reception all of our interactions with the hotel staff were really positive and they were really helpful.

The included breakfast, tea and coffee availability and happy hour were a cherry on the top.

Breakfast was perfect for us as we generally have toasted bagel with bacon and scrambled eggs and cream cheese. All of these were available. Plus yogurt, fruit, cake etc

The happy hour included wine, beer and soft drinks, plus cheese, olives and bread. Spot on after a long day shopping.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Element New York Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Jo T,

We appreciate you choosing to stay at Element New York Times Square West and taking time to write a review. We're pleased you had an enjoyable experience and you felt we were a good value in the area. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our comfortable hotel and the delicious breakfast buffet. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Our second visit - this time as a couple for our anniversary. Check in was a little slow with 3 staff on duty all looking at their respective computers and I was stood for several moments (the only person there) before getting attention, although the lady did apologise. The room was comfortable, a little crowded with our cases and wardrobe space is small. The lifts are slow at busy times of the day and we noticed on the one evening that we had drinks that the snacks served were now a more basic - cheese, bread and olives were previously it had been hot snacks. The kitchen is a great bonus and one night after an exhausting day it was nice just to relax and cook something in the room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Element New York Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear AliinAus,

Thank you for choosing Element New York Times Square West during your visit. Although it seems you enjoyed your stay, we do apologize that your experience did not meet every expectation. Your review indicates we have room for improvement in some areas. We hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We decided to stay at the Element Times Square because of the great on line reviews and the excellent price. From the time we arrived until the time we left three days later we were treated like VIPs. The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable, the breakfasts were excellent with many options but it’s the staff that make this hotel the best place to stay. The check in was kind and warm (Molly and Alyssa) NOTES: 1. I spilled too large coffees one morning right in front of the elevators. I was embarrassed and apologized to the desk staff. They assured me it was no problem and had housekeeping there within a minute. I apologized also to housekeeping who also assured me “it was nothing” and made me feel better. 2. My wife discretely informed the desk it was my birthday. When we arrived home that evening from the Belmont Stakes, a gift bag and a card from the hotel was waiting in my room. (Thanks so much Ileana, Will and Suki) 3. I left my IPad in my room and the staff worked together to get it back to me. (Thanks Wilfredo, Deanna, and Jennifer). Jennifer C. who I believe might be the manager is amazing. There is nothing she can’t handle. Choose the Element and you won’t be disappointed. Thank you staff, we will be back.

Room Tip: Go to breakfast (or checkout) early to avoid long elevator waits.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear John W,

Thank you for choosing Element New York Times Square West. It is a pleasure reading your comments praising our staff. Our associates are committed to delivering excellent service and friendly hospitality. Comments like yours motivate us even more. We look forward to having you as our guest again whenever your travels bring you back to Big Apple.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

On June 15, 2018 I checked in Element Hotel Timesquare, I left for work, when i came back from meetings, My air conditioner was not working in my room. I went to the front desk and asked for a room change and the front desk agent said that hotel was completely booked, and that they had no one from eingeneering. She told me i had to wait until the morning. She was dealing with some paper work and she acted as she did not care at all. After calling again to the front desk, a guy was sent to my room and changed the bateries of the air conditioner’s control. The problem was not fixed. After waiting for nearly 1.5 hours, and calling Hotel Tonight, i recieved a call from the front desk to get a room change!!! I told them that that is what i requested 2 hours before, No one helped me with my problem until 4 am. I asked for a room change, apparently the hotel was full. They could not help me get another hotel room or walk me to a near hotel, I asked for help at 2 am two hours later, i had a room change. This is unacceptable. I lost a whole night sleep because of this. I Got in extremely tired from a long flight, and wasn't expecting this, Whoever pays for a nice hotel, is not expecting to have this sort of problems for the correct customer service that should be given. This is a paid service it was not free. If you had the room, why doesnt the management just get me another room and make me loose a night sleep?

Jorge Salgado
Spg member
Checked in June 15-18

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Element New York Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear J3111GMjorges,

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotels, and we apologize for the poor experience you had during your stay with us. Our hotels are known for their excellent service, and we are disappointed that the situation you mentioned was not handled promptly and properly by our staff. Your comments will be reviewed by our team to ensure we focus on correcting and preventing such mistakes. We hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to regain your trust.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Good location, close to Times Square, subway and walking distance from several top places. Great view from the room. (This is a 40 floor building). We liked breakfast, crowded but good food and variety. Comfortable beds, well equiped kitchen.
On peak hours it took several minutes waiting for the elevator and arriving downstairs. The reception personal was not very clear on providing instructions. key cards did not work properly.

Room Tip: we stayed in 38th floor, great view!! If you dont mind waiting for the elevator, choose great NY view (empire state, hudson river, etc)
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Element New York Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Marceli,

Thank you so much for choosing Element New York Times Square West. It's great to know that our convenient location was perfect for your needs and that you enjoyed all the facilities and amenities we provide. However, we are sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. We hope you will take this as an isolated incident and will visit us again on your next trip to the area.