“Great corner bar!”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Our bartender was great! The burgers were delicious! We were there very early on a Saturday right around lunchtime and we were the only ones here. It was cold and rainy outside so it was a nice place to take a break.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Stopped here for a drink after arriving in NYC. It was a Sunday night and not very busy. The bartender was friendly, atmosphere casual and comfortable. Wish I had the chance to stop in again before I left. Will come back next time in NYC.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

So, first of all, I should say that I broke my leg about 6 weeks ago, so I'm on crutches. With that in mind, I was looking for a place that was conveniently located by the subway stop that I needed in order to get to my next job and, lo, here was Nancy Whiskey. From the outside, it looked like just another bar, but I discovered that it is so much more than that!

Unfortunately for me, in addition to being on crutches I was fighting off a cold, so no beer for me. They had a decent selection of beers on tap, not to mention a nice selection of whiskeys, so I was a little sad about that. However, I had mostly come in for the food because I was hungry and not about to go to my next job and work on an empty stomach. So, I tried the burger that they were advertising for lunch. It was delicious: they know what medium rare means! It was a little charred on the outside for my taste, but I liked it all the same.

Finally, it's worth noting that this is a place that has a bit of the feeling of "Cheers" where everybody knows your name. The bar keep and waitress were both very friendly without being in your face nosy or overbearing. And the folks who are obviously regulars there were also very welcoming and friendly themselves. The waitress also commiserated with me over my broken leg and swapped stories with me as I was preparing to leave and, naturally, she got the door for me.

All in all a great experience. I highly recommend it if you're in the neighborhood and you want to support a local business. Given how many of these local businesses are getting pushed out by greedy landlords asking too much for rent, I hope that you will!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Great value good pub food! Really fun pub atmosphere. Good service and location. felt like I was back in the time of Dickens, some of the decor is from that time!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Very eclectic crowd and staff here but everyone was welcoming and fun. Plenty of bar games to entertain and the locals were happy to socialize. It's a dive but has a great vibe.