2,283 results
All reviews the high line no elevator movie posters greenwich village meatpacking district rock hudson bagels new york movie stars flights of stairs every morning subway station fifth floor fresh fruit continental breakfast small hotel location is great
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Chelsea Pines has a European flavor to it. The location and atmosphere are exactly as stated: Excellent! After having experienced a fancy high rise chain hotel near Times Square on my last visit, I decided to try something different and I am glad I did. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast and snacks were tasty, beds were comfortable, and I felt safe and well cared for the entire time I was there. I would suggest an additional method for dispensing coffee in the morning-perhaps just a pot so you can avoid the waiting line at the espresso machine. I would return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
tie386, Guest Relations Manager at Chelsea Pines Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your thoughts and opinion. We look forward to having you stay with us again

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Chelsea Pines is very close to the Highline and also very close to all the nice areas. Also very close to the metro, very easy to get anywhere in the city. Great breakfast, Quite small rooms and bathrooms but charming style. Convinient that breakfast is included. You get what you pay for. I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Kina for taking a moment to rate and review us. We greatly appreciate your review.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I have stayed at the Chelsea Pines Inn 3 times in the last 3 years because the location is great - but this visit was a disappointment. I'm not sure if the Inn has new ownership or new management, but a lot of the things that made this place special are gone. There is a lack of attention to detail - for example, the sheets and pillowcases in our room were all mismatched, like it was just thrown together, the towels were also mismatched and worn out. The room was clean but had a strange musty smell when we checked in. This was the first time I stayed in a standard room and it was very small. The shower was so tiny I almost couldn't turn around in it.
The breakfast was also quite disappointing. They used to have a really great gourmet European style breakfast, but now it is more like the standard food you would get at any chain hotel. The bagels appeared to have come out of the freezer and the cheese slices were dried up around the edges. There were about 10 guests trying to get breakfast and coffee at the same time on Sunday morning in the tiny kitchen area, and we all had to wait to use the single espresso machine (and figure out how to use it) - not sure why they don't have regular coffee in carafes anymore. The orange juice container was empty and never got refilled.
The staff is very nice and helpful if you ask for something, but they don't really go out of their way to do things for the guests. Seems like they are understaffed.
I hope management does something to get this place back to where it was a few years ago.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so you have to climb 4 flights of stairs if your room is on the 5th floor
1  Thank Susan213

Thank you Susan for taking a moment to rate and review us. We greatly appreciate your feedback

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Chelsea Pines Inn is very Close to The Highline and Chelsea Market. Very easyto get to other parts of Town as the Metro is on the next corner. Nice Little garden to sit in if the weather is good. No elevator but the staff will help with heavy luggage. Quite small rooms and bathrooms but charming style. Convinient that breakfast is included.
You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
tie386, Guest Relations Manager at Chelsea Pines Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Everything was as expected the room was plenty large enough for 3. Loved the Art Deco fittings and old movie posters. The breakfast was an added bonus and the small eating area and conservatory made a pleasant start to the day. The daily newspaper with suggestions for visitors was a nice touch and staff were always on hand and happy to help with any request making our stay easier, thank you. It was one of the cheapest options I found on Booking.com that had a high rating and I was concerned it would not live up to its rating. It did and I would recommend. The location is probably its greatest asset with subway, the high line and Chelsea market close by. Definitely not a chain.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback. If you are ever in the Chelsea area, feel free to say hi or reserve with us in the future!