“Excellent branzino special, nice ambiance”
Review of Anchor Heights

Anchor Heights
Reserve with OpenTable
Anchor Heights is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,684 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Had a nice dinner here with family. Even though it was a Saturday around 6:30, we were able to get a quiet corner table without a reservation. Our appetizer of carciofi alla giudea (deep fried artichokes) was excellent, but for me it was the entree that stood out: branzino butterflied with the bones removed ... outstanding. One of the better fish dishes I've had!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Four friends, Friday night, and a warm, welcoming restaurant just a short walk from home: the recipe for a great evening. Anchor Heights is a neighborhood joint in its comfortable ambiance, but its fresh, lively cuisine brings it up a notch on the food chain.

This was our second visit to Anchor Heights, the first being 6 months ago. Last time all of 4 of us ordering mains only; this time we mixed it up with a variety of soup, salad, appetizer, and main courses that kept our server busy. I had the most extraordinary calamari of my life -- lightly fried, plentiful, and served up with fried apples and zucchini for accent and contrast. I followed it with the pear and arugula salad, a delightful palate-cleanse and substantial course in its own right. My husband waxed lyrical about his grilled Branzino, and our discerning, foodie company had no complaints about their beet salad, lentil soup, and mussels.

Our server was accommodating and efficient; the only downside was that he was difficult to hear given the sound level. He also sometimes did not describe the food adequately.

But honestly these were minor blips in a delightful evening. We're so grateful that this gem is in our neighborhood and will do our best to keep them in business. You should, too!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We live in Inwood, AKA "upstate Manhattan" and Anchor Heights is in my opinion the best restaurant in our neighborhood.
It's not just the consistently delicious food, the wine that is perfectly paired in both quality and price, the friendly and professional service but in a sea of mediocre and noisy restaurants a place you can go for a sophisticated dining experience with appropriate noise levels and varied clientele who all want the same thing. Every pasta, fish , meat and desert dishes we've had have been spot on, even the happy hour wine is thoughtfully chosen. I recommend this restaurant and in addition to it's local following encourage people to come uptown and try it. I think they will be impressed and become regulars as we are.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Dine inside, outside or private room downstairs. You will be sure to enjoy a great meal.
Fine Italian cuisine- Ossobuco, Fetuccine Alla Bolognese, Branzino and more. Specially cocktails, and extensive wine list. Excellent service. You must try the panna cotta for dessert.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Live nearby, I invited friends visiting from abroad, proud of the neighborhood, this place embarrassed me enough.
Decor is a copycat of what's trending for Italian eateries in NYC, white metro tiles everywhere including the bar which offers face to face seating, wine shelves to promote wine culture.
We had fritters of the sea, only to see that it had few calamari pieces among the zucchini shavings.
My salmon was not even fit for a school cafeteria. Frozen fish, tasted awful, even the attempt to hide the fact that it was microwaved by adding a heavy oily sauce added an insult to injury, i had to pretend enjoying my meal.
Very Pleasant staff, specially the bartender who is a very personable and charming.
This place if it really cares about people, it has to completely review the operation process.
This was a disgrace to Italian culinary art.
Good luck.