Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
snacka63
Dover, United Kingdom

Brilliant!!!

Review of Carnegie Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 May 2024
Stated here for 4 nights April-May 2024.

I honestly cannot fault the hotel !!
The staff are all really helpful. Nothing is to much trouble.
Hotel is great location for Central Park and has 2 subway stations within 2 block walk.

Breakfast was good, set us up for a busy day and saved us a fortune in the local diners.

Hotel entrance is opposite Carnegie Hall stage door so you may also bumps into some stars!

All in all, a brilliant hotel. Week definitely stay here again if I'm lucky enough to go back to New York.....
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Defo go here!! Any questions, speak to reception. They are all so helpful!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
$279
    $279
1.3 km from Carnegie Hotel
View more hotels in New York City
All reviews yogurt wine and cheese central park continental breakfast small hotel boutique hotel great location wine hour spotless rooms times square contemporary style new york rainfall shower every evening breakfast area fabulous stay coffee machine
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2024 via mobile

Pros: Friendly staff, nice midtown location, good shower, strong internet and clean.

But small rooms and very little space overall. Tiny lobby. No rooftop. Crazy that they charge a “resort fee”.

I don’t see a reason to go back, unless a got a great rate.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PhilNTed
Reviewed 10 April 2024

Travelers must have realistic expectations regarding price and 'quality' in Manhattan. The Carnegie Hotel is quite reasonably priced by Manhattan standards, yet its location is really handy - especially if you're performing or attending a performance
at Carnegie Hall across the street! The hotel door is directly opposite the stage door. Our room was tiny and you have to negotiate with your partner to move around. The window looks out to a dull brick wall. On the other hand it was clean and comfortable. Our experience with staff was entirely positive: friendly and helpful. On the other hand there's no way this should rate 41/2 stars. At best I'd give it 3 - but that's as a widely traveled around the world person. The lower rating is not a criticism: it's realistic. Location-wise, it's an easy walk for a couple in their 70s to the (questionable) thrills of Times Square and the many entertainment venues. Even the Metropolitan Opera is only a 15 minute walk. Were we to plan a return visit to NY, we'd certainly go back to the Carnegie Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2024

All of the reviews for this hotel are spot on - this is truly a lovely little boutique hotel. Although it's quite small and has a no-frills approach to decor and aesthetic, it's much cleaner and more comfortable than many of the alternative hotels in Manhattan. The free breakfast + available coffee was a HUGE bonus.

The only caution I add here which unfortunately A MAJOR CAUTION - soured my entire experience. Depending on where your room is located - the street noise is UNBEARABLE 24/7 if you're facing Carnegie Hall - particularly levels 1-10. I was on the 6th floor facing Carnegie - and was on a business trip for 3-nights and was literally crying in my bed by night 2 because I watched as the clock ticked on by past midnight, 1am, 2am, 3am, and when it hit 4am I couldn't bear it any longer. NYC Waste Management is located directly across the rooms (in the same building as Carnegie Hall) and they work around the clock with beeping trucks backing in/out, metal dumpsters banging loudly as each dumpster was lifted up and emptied, the sound of glass and heavy objects dumped in the truck and then crushed, etc. It NEVER ENDED. I had Sony noise cancelling headphones + white noise blaring from my iphone + a fan on - and even they couldn't drown out the noise. The hotel was sold out but by night 3 I was able to move to the other side of the hotel on level 14 and it made all the difference. I slept like a baby.

TRAVELER TIP: The hotel told me the King beds face Carnegie and the Queen beds face the back. Do yourself a favor and book a Queen on the highest floor possible. I would have rated this hotel 4/5 stars if I had stayed on this side all 3-nights but unfortunately can't given my experience.

HOTEL RECOMMENDATION: I would suggest that management seriously consider paying for sound proof windows if you want this lovely little hotel to continue with its high ratings. The sound issues will eventually bring the ratings down as travelers seek quieter locations.

Room tip: Book a queen on the "back side" of the hotel on the highest floor possible
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Trail92731
Reviewed 28 March 2024

Slick and modern. Very clean room, not large but reasonable considering the location. Loved the bathroom.
Fantastic location near the south end of the park. Very friendly and helpful staff.
You pay a bit more for this hotel and you get a nice room for it.
OK breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lu71t
Reviewed 21 March 2024

So far , I’ve been here 5 minutes and the rude front desk clerk is unreal . Argumentative and arrogant. We called ahead to see if we could get a to go bag in the morning for breakfast and the female clerk said absolutely. Just let the front desk know when you arrive . He wasn’t happy and said “we are not going to do anything for you , you are just one person “.
We decided to “try” out a new hotel and obviously we have made a huge mistake. We will stick to a better class hotel in the future.

Room tip: Try somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple