All reviews fire pit continental breakfast hot tub marconi beach indoor and outdoor pools catch of the day restaurant next door cape cod bike trail bagels been coming for years entire place is ice cold free bicycles english muffin upstairs room definitely stay here again
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

It's across the street from the road to Marconi Beach, which is breathtaking. It has bike trail access, a playground, fire pit, grill, picnic benches an indoor and outdoor pool and other family friendly amenities.

The rooms are dated but clean. Ours was a fairly large King room.

I was so thrilled that they had several free loaner bikes.

It's close to two of the better reviewed restaurants, which were not super exciting to me. The gift shop right next to the Catch of the Day is really nice and has not bad coffee and a bunch of pool and water toys.

The front desk staff, especially the guy, were super friendly and helpful.

Do yourself a favor and drive a mile toward Wellfleet to go to the French bakery and coffee shop, PB Boulangerie Bistro. I took my daughter at 6:30 am and we walked on the pristine Marconi Beach with coffee and croissants and watched the morning sun with several seals and a handful of surfers.

2  Thank sarak1977
Reviewed 14 July 2016

The Inn is in a great location, across the street basically from Marconi Beach. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

They have a free continental breakfast but it was just toast really. We went to the restaurant next door. They have an indoor and outdoor pool.

The room was nice, had plenty of space and no issues. I would stay here again when visiting the lower cape.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank cardello
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I've stayed in Eastham every time I've visited the Cape, but on this somewhat short-notice trip I chose to stay here in Wellfleet. The location of the Southfleet Motor Inn was incredibly convenient, right on route 6 across from Marconi Beach and the bike path, and walking distance from restaurants and shops.

The motel was a great value for the price. We were upgraded to a larger room upon arrival when one opened up, which was nice and just gave us some extra room to breathe. We enjoyed the heated indoor pool on the few chilly nights of our vacation. I was impressed with how clean and well-maintained the common areas were. There is also a nice backyard area with a horseshoe pit, fire pit, playground, and grill, which we did not take advantage of but would definitely be nice if staying there with a group.

The wifi wasn't reliable, which wasn't a huge deal for us but was a bit frustrating. Overall great stay at a great price!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank bren8790
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

If your looking for a cozy getaway stay but not planning to spend a lot of time here then it is perfect. It is a cozy, very clean motel with almost all amenities a hotel has. Staff is friendly and laid back. Rooms, common areas and grounds very clean and well kept. The motel is not modern. Rustic and cozy. Wifi does not work great, at least not in our room. Cold continental breakfast, good free and does the job. Two clean big pools one indoor one outdoor, hot tub, playground and rec room. Motel is right across from Marconi beach and next to two restaurants. You get a coupon for the local restaurants. We didnt visit the bigger restaurant. We did visit the " Catch of the Day" - very over priced, okay food- very small portions. Very slow and just okay service. There is a bar.

2  Thank DGallapis71
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I will absolutely stay again. The rooms were very clean as well as the pools and play area. The staff was amazing helpful and polite.Special thanks to Penny in housekeeping, always taking the time to Be playful with my son and his turtle:). A+ I look forward to my next visit!

Date of stay: June 2016