1,386 results
All reviews gaslamp district horton plaza valet parking within walking distance street noise convention center the gas lamp district homeless people light sleeper valet service location was perfect bathroom door attending a conference would highly recommend this hotel balboa park mini fridge coffee maker
Reviewed 18 November 2015

I was very pleased with my stay here and I am somewhat of a picky traveler. I was traveling alone and this was my frist time in San Diego. I arrived early and they accomodated me even though I was early for check in, and was able to get to my room right away. The hotel is in a great location and is easily accessable to great shops and restaurants. The bed was super comfy and rooms were clean. I read reviews about the walls being thin and it being loud at night but this was not an issue for me. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Dear Jen,

Wow! Thank you very much for your 5-star review! We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, found the location convenient, rooms clean and, best of all, that you would return again. It is wonderful to hear that we provided a good experience, and we really hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide a review and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2015

I work at a resort and was given a complimentary two night stay for Christmas last year. I finally was able to use it this week after getting a couple days off from work. I stayed on a Monday and Tuesday night. Checking in to the hotel was a breeze and took less then 3 minutes. It is located in the heart of downtown and easily accessible by walking to the nearest restaurants and Gaslamp. The hotel was VERY clean, it looks like they did a remodel of some sort. A very welcoming lobby with nice couches and a piano. The room was a great size and had comfortable matresses and pillows. I ate at the restaurant for dinner below and enjoyed a medium rare burger with a fried egg on top that tasted great and had very reasonable prices. I was very pleased with my stay and will definitely consider staying here again!

Note: My only discrepancy was the security officer at night. He was a bit rude, and coming home from a nice evening on the town, I walked up to my hotel, and he was laying on the couch in the window! It seemed unprofessional to me. No greeting, just a stare, and when I called the desk to ask for more blankets from my room, he delivered them with an attitude. It was my only turn off but nothing that would refrain me from coming back.

Room Tip: 8th floor is the top floor, and where you want to stay for the night
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2015

Dear Andrew,

Thank you so much for your review! Feedback such as yours is so valuable to us; it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, and that you had a delicous meal at FIRST Ave Bar and Grille. The best part is hearing that you would consider staying with us again - thank you!

Please accept my apology for the poor behavior you witnessed from the security guard. I have already contacted his direct supervisor to ensure this is corrected immediately. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Again, thank you for taknig the time to provide a review. We hope to see you back at the Bristol again soon!

Debra Sanderlin/General Manager

Reviewed 14 November 2015

The Bristol is located in downtown San Diego and is conveniently close to the Gas lamp district and close to the trolley. We booked this room for a one night stay to attend a ball game based on the reviews here on TA and were not disappointed.

We reserved a package which included overnight valet parking and a full breakfast. The valet was very quick when we arrived. Check-in was very fast and courteous. We did return to the desk to question the room we were given, but elected to handle the issue later with hotel management as we were very pressed for time.

We were given a king room on the 8th floor. The room was immaculately clean and very nicely appointed. The bathroom, while a bit on the "cozy" side was very nicely done.

The room was complemented with many of the little things you don't see much anymore: chocolates on the pillows, foam ear plugs (packaged) on the nightstand, etc. Even though our room faced the city street, we found it very quiet.

Breakfast the next morning was a complete shock. The meal was excellent and the service was both friendly, attentive. The experience was simply outstanding and certainly a pleasant departure from what seems to be "normal" these days.

After our stay I emailed the General Manager with my concerns and she responded very positively. There is some confusion on their web site and the front desk as to the level of accessible accommodations that they offer. Without going into further detail - I am confident that the concerns we expressed will be addressed.

All in all - I highly recommend this property and plan to return.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear BajaMike,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us! It was really nice of you to contact me directly regarding your concerns, and I assure you we are working on those. It's really good to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you even got to give the restaurant a try - they make a delicious breakfast at FIRST Ave Bar & Grille, that is for sure! Please keep us in mind for any future downtown vistis, and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

Just on the fringe of the gas lamp district makes this a superb location for the heart of San Diego and only minutes walk to everything. This is an older classic hotel that is updated and modernized. Still shows a bit of its age but overall very nice! Beds and rooms very comfortable. Room was missing a fridge but brought up immediately with some fresh foam pillows too. Superb customer service by staff. Suggest new shower head and ceiling work in the bathroom of room 816. Thanks for an enjoyable four day stay.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Dear Webb,

Thank you so much for your review! Your detailed feedback is really terrific; we are so glad to know you found the location just right, and that you had a comfortable stay. We appreciate the note to check on a couple of areas in your guest room and are doing that right away. We hope that your travels bring you back to the Bristol again soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2015

We had dinner at the hotel and then walked across the street to the San Diego Civic Center for a show and then returned for the night. The hotel was wonderful! We WILL stay there again! The location was outstanding and the room was nice and roomy!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Dear Nancy,

Wow! Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's terrific to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really are a perfect location for dinner and a night at the theatre, and we are very happy to know you found your room comfortable and convenient. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Thank you so much, and warmest regards,
Debra Sanderlin/General Manager