The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$177
US$160
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$347
US$292
US$396
US$308
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$352/night.

US$252
  • Breakfast included
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$303
US$249
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$331
US$293
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
US$414
US$388
Official Site
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 20/07
US$332
  • Beachfront
US$826
US$653
Fairmont.com
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$607
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbody wash and shampooroom was cleaninexpensive hoteljacuzzi tublarge flat screen tvmission valleyrecommend this hotelplace to stayironing boardextra towelscoffee potfashion valleygreat roomnon smokingone night staylate checknice stay
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Stayed a couple of nights to explore San Diego - it's a great location at a very reasonable cost and they are one of a few hotels who do not charge for parking. Located in Hotel Circle area within short driving distance of the main attractions also near restaurants and shopping mall. All rooms recently renovated and look stunning including fridge, microwave and coffee making facilities plus 55" TV. Also offers free wifi. Mike, who was on reception, was exceedingly helpful and nothing was too much trouble. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, General Manager at Hotel Iris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2015

Ian and Jackie,

We are so happy that you were pleased with the accommodations and service that you received while staying with us at Hotel Iris. I hope that in your future travels to San Diego you choose to stay with us again - we have exciting things coming soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

I am staying here now. Physically, it looks like any other inexpensive motel. However, the rooms are clean, updated, with modern fixtures. Large flat screen TV in every room with excellent channel selection. While there is no dining on site, there are decent restaurants within easy walking distance.

While the area is a bit far from downtown San Diego, if you are doing business near hotel circle, this is an excellent, and inexpensive choice.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

jlhead,

We are so excited that you were pleased with your accommodations! We are working very hard to ensure that all of our guests have wonderful stays, and are happy to see that we have succeeded with you! Please do come see us again, we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 12 October 2015

The hotel contacted us. They have remolded. Come see what we have done. Promised us an upgraded room. Upon arrival we were bumped to another room. There were 7 of us so we had 2 rooms for 2 days. Paint was the only thing done. The rooms were very small. The closet was two folding chairs nailed to the wall. You used the legs to hang your clothes. No vanity around the sink. You had no place to put your toiletries. The beds were very hard. I woke up with sore shoulder and sniff neck. The pillows were like sleeping on rocks. It is not worth it at any price.

Room Tip: Sea World, Old Town
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Nannab77
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Iris, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Nannab77,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Iris. We never like to see a dissatisfied
guest here at Hotel Iris, San Diego. As we pride ourselves on exceptional customer
service, it comes as a surprise that what you were promised and what you received did
not match up. It does provide a measure of relief to know it appears you and your
family enjoyed Old Town and Sea World - famous San Diego attractions not far from our
hotel. While our upgraded rooms are stylish and modern, we realize not every customer
will share the same taste in design schemes. Would you please write to
spaulk@hotelhosts.com and reference this response to your review and provide your
stay information so that we can attempt to resolve this to your satisfaction and ours?

We want to earn your continued business.

Most Sincerely,

G. Valdez, Customer Service Relations

Reviewed 9 October 2015

Where do I start with this hotel!! This used to be one of my fav hotels to stay at when it was originally the vagabound inn. First their customer service is horrible now. This recent trip made it even worst.

When heading to San Diego I get a call from "Mike" the front desk saying they ran my card and it didn't go though so they couldn't keep my reservation! In his words he tells me "You will need to find another hotel" mind this I called the day before to verify that i will be paying cash for our stay and got the okay from 2 different front desk clerks "Mike" being one of them. Never once did they tell me I needed anything else prior to arriving in order to confirm our room. We were doing a late check in as that. Mike had a really bad attitude & didn't want help at this point. So finally after arguing,yes arguing with him which I felt like it didn't need to get to this point, he tells me if I can put a least 50.00 on my card I will be okay, so here we go trying to find a bank to load the money. I usually pay everything cash since I don't really use any bank or credit cards. We had to back track 30 mins back into town.

Fast forward we get to the hotel and not once did we get an apology for the rudeness we received. So next day I went to the front desk and ask for a manager or supervisor. Quincy was the manager on site and he did apologize for his staff action and gives me a 5% discount on my next stay if I decided to stay next time.I had booked this room way in advance more like a month or so. I called several times to verify everything. We have been staying at this hotel for over 5 years when it was originally the vagabond inn and this had to be the worst service ever. I felt like mike had no reason to start arguing with me over the phone he need to provide his customer service and do what he could for the guest.

Hotel renovation are okay. No dresser to put clothes In and you have to hang up your clothes on 2 chairs hanging on the wall that came with 5 hangers. To say if I will ever stay at this place that will be a negative!!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn A

Marilyn,

I am disheartened by the experience you have had with us, and would like to extend you an opportunity to give us another shot to show you the level of service you had come to expect. Please contact me at spaulk@hotelhosts.com so that we can come to a satisfactory outcome, as we want each of our guests to leave us having had an amazing stay.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

Very friendly staff Lindsey was very accommodating and friendly. The room was very clean...water was nice and hot for the whirlpool tub (0;
I recommended as I was leaving to offer complimentary bottled water in the rooms, which is a nice touch since buying it is $2 per bottle.
Overall great experience, I will consider staying here again!

Room Tip: Room 102 was excellent, clean, first floor and whirlpool tub!!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

Earth's P

Lindsay was so excited to see that she contributed to your great stay at Hotel Iris. We appreciate your suggestion, and have sent it up for review! We are always looking for ways to improve our services. We do hope that you will stay with us again in the future, and look forward to seeing you!