Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$145
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$159
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

Best Western Plus Bayside Inn(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

US$166
US$152
US$333
Hotels.com
US$329
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$382/night.

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$298
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$423/night.

US$242
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$264
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$408
  • Beachfront
All reviewspacific beachstove topocean viewgranite countertopsmission blvdsmall fridgebeach accessstreet parkingcoffee potrestaurants and barsbed was comfortablepansunitsrenovationproperties
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The location of Black Diamond Inn is great. Rooms are newly remodeled and nice. Parking is a nightmare. I received an email advertising a fall savings. If you stayed 3 or more days you received 30% off. I stayed 6 days. They refused to hone the price. They didn't even honor the regular prices on the Internet. Very angry. In fairness, they did upgrade me to an ocean front room.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for your comments, and I do hope you understand the upgrade was still discounted far less than the rate for that type of room. And, we were very pleased that we had the ocean front room available for your stay with us. I hope you will come again.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The stay was very pleasant. Friday afternoon front desk personnel was not personable at all and I admit I was somewhat put off. The weekend (Saturday/Sunday) staff were excellent - based on our treatment Saturday and Sunday I would go back and recommend to friends/family. Upon checking out of the hotel, I left behind a piece of jewelry that was very dear to me (a gold necklace with a center diamond). It was engraved and given to me by my son while he was serving in Afghanistan. I really thought I would never see it again.. the hotel had it in their lost and found and I am now in the process of having it shipped to me. I want to commend their staff on their honesty. This is not a fancy hotel, but is clean and across the street from Pacific Beach, a great location! I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a ocean view you need to make reservations directly with hotel staff and at least 6 months out.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam B
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you for your comments. I was very pleased to hear about your necklace, and did have it shipped out the same day. I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We had a renovated courtyard room view with one queen bed and a kitchenette with AC unit and large walk in shower. The room was clean and newly renovated so we were happy about that. We were only staying there for 2 days and not spending much time in the room anyway, but it was perfect for what we needed. The pillows were a bit flat and we could've used another towel or two, but we probably could've asked for another one. Overall, the price for the room was adequate and the location was clutch, as we were close enough to restaurants and bars, but removed enough that it was quiet at night. We would definitely stay there again. Right in the beach is always a best bet!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeansTraveler
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We always appreciate your feedback, and do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

No soap bar or any other toiletry was provided in the room with the exception of one roll of toilet paper. There's a coffee maker but no coffee packet. The vending machine was out of order. No iron in the room. Although the room looked like it has been updated, some of the furniture were still in plastic wrap. The door didn't close well, I had to slam it hard to get it to close. There were only two pillows, one firm and one soft and a tiny throw pillow. You have to pay for Wifi. Parking was hard to find. Continental breakfast is provided. Overall, besides the close proximity to the beach and the boardwalk, there's not much about this place that would make me want to come back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for your comments. Although, I do wish your stay with us would have been a more pleasurable one. We are still finishing up with the renovation when it comes to the details, but will be finished very soon. I hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Our room was newly remodeled and very nice. There was no ocean view, but the beach was right around the corner. The room had a few minor issues (hot/cold taps reversed in the shower and sink, no screen in the window), but nothing that kept us from being comfortable. The front desk clerk, Laura, was very friendly and made us feel right at home. The price was very good for the location.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. I will also inform Laura of your review. I was not aware of the reversed water lines, but will have this repaired asap. I hope you will come again.