1,654 results
All reviews gaslamp district rooms are small horton plaza yoga room two bottles of water shower door convention center historical hotel great boutique restaurant downstairs within walking distance per night bathroom floor in room coffee homeless people corner room fridge and microwave
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is a cute hotel but has all the essential amenities! The front desk staff was cordial and professional. The valet parking attendant was friendly. Great walking tour on Sunday (also available on Saturday AM). The yoga instructor was attentive but the space for the yoga sessions was quite small, really only enough for 3 guests and the instructor. Within walking distances to many restaurants and the theater.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is nice and has charm but also has some trade offs that don’t make it a good value compared to other luxury hotels in the area. For starters it’s a bit further from the airport than others but is also a further walk from bars and restaurants and I found myself asking why I wasn’t staying at some of the other luxury hotels I was passing walking back to my hotel. My experience was that this place was at the same price point as other luxury hotels in the area but not as convenient or nice. I found myself attending a family funeral and I stayed at the Sofia the first night but found the next night I changed my plans to stay with my family at a large luxury chain hotel closer to the airport and was slapped with a huge cancellation fee (80%) of rate. I also found even with the hefty cancellation fee this other hotel was much nicer and had way more amenities, better location near the water with charming waterfront parks and still walking distance to bars and restaurants not that you needed it given the fabulous onsite bars and restaurants. In retrospect I was happy to pay the fee to have a much better experience. To be accurate the Sofia _does_ have a bar and restaurant but it was closed when I arrived and when I got up. Also the view reminded me of my apartment in Brooklyn at the same high price point but I couldn’t be further away from Brooklyn both figuratively and perhaps literally. You don’t need a small, dark, cramped room with a quirky bathroom and a bad view in San Diego even with all the close proximity structures. This ain’t New York and I don’t need that vibe here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank josgraha
Reviewed 27 March 2018

FRAUDULENT BILLING This hotel claimed I verbally made a second reservation for a night during which I was staying at the hotel and charged me $263 for no showing the second reservation (I was physically at the hotel during this time) which was never made. Despite calling them two days in a row to ask them to refund this fraudulent charge they refused to refund it and I had to go through my credit card. I am writing this review as I expect this is their standard practice to make money at an already overpriced establishment.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Great boutique hotel, fair price, excellent location. If you drive be prepared for a 40.00 nightly parking. The remodel was done well, my kind of comfort, small old time elegance. Price is reasonable for all the amenities, I hope it stays that way! looking forward to my next visit

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 March 2018

This was my first time staying at The sofia Hotel and the staff was nothing but accomodating and efficient. You can't beat the great prices and deals they offer, especially for such a convenient and lovely hotel located in the heart of downtown San Diego. I will definitley be staying at this hotel again on future trips, as well as recommending to other friends.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends