All reviews w hotel gaslamp quarter lobby restaurant loved the window seat bail bond pier area the concierge lounge marriott points boutique hotel rooftop bar last minute booking fire pit valet guys nice shower shampoo and conditioner window sill nice perk
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This is our second one (first was in Sydney) and just love the cozy personal feeling. Our room was very comfortable. Even though we got an upgrade, it wasn't that big - still nicely appointed and all that we need. Staff was great and always willing to help. Nothing for a snack for the room.

The location was great for us. Easy to get to things - pretty walkable for that area. It's not on the harbor. You could walk to it but I would take a car for convenience. Definitely walkable to the Gas Light .

Probably the only downside is the little cafe "market" was nice but didn't have many choices. No "grocery store" like for meds, etc. More like a Starbucks. The regular breakfast didn't have good offerings IMO. No eggs, etc. Just oatmeal, fruit, cereal, etc.

Still I would stay here and go out for breakfast In saying this - it wasn't a big issue and we still loved it. Would stay here again for sure.

The shock was they had a pool! We assumed they didn't because they were small. We never saw any sign! How could we miss it? Oh, well. Next time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie055
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We got here yesterday and we were greeted by Sophia who was more than helpful. We were surprised when Sergio delivered champagne and strawberries with a sweet card from Sophia, Michelle and Paris wishing us a happy 30th anniversary. The rooftop bartenders were super friendly and the atmosphere was amazing!

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Room with a king bed had lots of space around it. Appointed with large mirrors, a long cushioned bench and a convenient work table with plenty of pug outlets for AC and USB power. A rain shower head with steady temperature and pressure made for a really nice shower. The lobby restaurant served a white omelette stuffed with spinach, kale, scallions and cheese with a side of roasted potatoes. And the coffee was nice and bold.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2018

As a Los Angeles resident, traveling to the three other urban meccas (San Francisco, San Diego, and Las Vegas) is a given. This beautiful state lends itself for adventure, so when my sister called me at the very last minute to inform me that she wished to spend her Spring Break here, I happily obliged.

I decided to drive down south to San Diego with her and her boyfriend, and show them the beauty of La Jolla and the San Diego Zoo, but we needed a place to stay. Hotel Tonight is always my go to app, and when we found the Hotel Republic, we were ecstatic to book.

Just as in the photos and reviews, the hotel is lovely, located in a quiet part of downtown. The lobby is grand and welcoming, with our first introduction being that of live musicians -- and good ones at that! Upon arrival at the front desk, we were greeted by the courteous and charming, Dee Dee, who swiftly gave us a summary of the services and amenities available. She was perfect. She was beautiful. She looked like Linda Evangelista. I cannot commend her for her customer service experience enough.

We stayed in room 512, which was average-sized with two double beds, but truly convenient, comfortable, and overall clean. The bathtub is phenomenal, as it is accurately inclined for the perfect rest, and the water pressure is solid and hot. We truly loved the bay window seating overlooking the surrounding downtown buildings. This fixture added an extra layer of uniqueness to the room. My one minor complaint would be regarding the bathroom door. It is a heavy, glass plated, wooden frame that rattles when pushed or pulled for opening and closing. The door is too heavy and makes too much noise. Otherwise, the stay was relaxing and the room was appropriately appointed.

Parking on property is $48 per night. However, there is adequate on street parking that is free of charge, and a very convenient 24 hour parking lot next to the hotel with in and out privileges for only $30.

Lastly, I would just like to mention that when booking Hotel Tonight, the hotel is responsible for choosing the room type, which is understandable when paying a lower rate than other guests. Still, there are some properties that will go out of their way to specifically place lower rate paying guests in less than desirable rooms due to this. Because I, too, work in hospitality, I decided to call the front desk to verify the number of beds my room would have. I was really hoping for two, since I would be travelling with my sister and her boyfriend. When I called, I was greeted by an agent that only addressed herself as the front desk agent. I had to press her two more times for her name, Michelle. She seemed annoyed, so I apologize to her if I came off as condescending. She told me I was placed in a room with two beds, as she explicitly stated that rooms with king beds were sold out. I was so happy at my good fortune that I told Michelle what a great help she had been. Two hours later, when we arrived, Dee Dee informed us we were in a room with a king bed, so I mentioned that Michelle said we were in a room with two beds. Without skipping a beat, Dee Dee accommodated us and made us feel warm and very welcome. I value honesty, and I appreciate a one plus attitude, so even though I initially felt like I was getting the rug pulled from under me, I was also quickly stabilized and ushered into a pleasant stay. I would highly recommend staying at the Hotel Republic, and I would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Irving Z
Reviewed 14 March 2018

we had a great time here, even with the rain. The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom door did not close all the way. I forget to tell the desk. Coffee in the room was good. Parking is very hard or expensive here, look for the deals including parking.

Room Tip: The king corner is really nice.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family