“Hotel living. ”

Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
Ranked #238 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here because it was within my budget. It was clean staff was welcoming. The room was decent good location for me as it was in the heart of my job. Everything was available microwave, Refrigerator, coffee pot the only negative is that the WiFi can be a little annoying it kept dropping mine. I would have re-booked it another night but the Price went up to over $100, which exceeds my budget.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Stephen D, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Birds o,

Thank you for your positive review! Often times in our industry, guests only take the time to fill out a review when something wasn't to their liking. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay!

If in the area again and in need of accommodations, please don't hesitate to give us a call for a great room at a great rate!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Quick stop due to a flight layover. Reserved a room with 2 beds online, got there and received a full size bed in a room that was pretty gross. Smelled like cigarettes and the bathroom was pretty gross. Night clerk was rude and seemed to be really put out for having to do his job. Trust me when I say, book somewhere else.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Stephen D, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Tricia,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I opened an investigation in your stay, and did learn that you were assigned a King bed instead of the two Double Beds reserved, for that I apologize and would be happy to make amends! During my investigation, I noticed the room you were assigned had a new bed, brand new linens that came in earlier that day, and I was unable to locate an odor. I'd love to speak with you further to determine the breakdown here, as we strive to ensure each guests 100% satisfaction!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

The manager was rude and demanded our passports from all who were staying at the accommodation. Although my credit card details confirmed our accommodation. Language barrier did not help when asking him some questions about the rooms. Otherwise told to leave. Our initial look at one of the rooms was dirty and smelt of smoke and outside the room you can smell drugs being smoked in or around the motel. We felt unsafe there. What was advertised as family room and have looked on the website, as one room with two double beds and another room with a double bed. But looking at the room on arrival, it was false advertising. So we were not happy at all and so did not stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Stephen D, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

JonesForestry,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us a review. My name is Stephen, and I'm the manager here at ABVI Loma Lodge. While I didn't get the opportunity to speak with you at check-in or during your stay, I would like to take this time to apologize for any confusion or misunderstandings. Our staff strives to provide a great experience, and I'm disheartened to see we let you down. We take all feedback seriously, and I can assure you I am looking in to the issues you encountered. We'd love it if you gave us the opportunity to serve you in the future, as we truly value your business.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

first they sent me to a room that was being worked on , so i had to return to the front dest to get another room. originally asked for a ground level room due to the fact we had a handicapped person with us, so we got moved to a room on the second level and no elevator so you can imagine the trouble there. after the first night the room was not made up had no clean towels and once again had to go to the front desk

Room Tip: fix the beds. 2 of the 3 beds really squeaked if you made any movement
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Neal S, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

We Sincerely apologize for the Inconvenience. Due to Summer, we have been sold out for the past few months and therefore, may not have been able to assign you the requested Room. However, our Housekeeping does provide daily Service and we are sorry that your Room was not made up. Obviously, we have to improve in this area of our Hotel operation. Thank you for your Feedback and for Staying with us. Best Regards.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I booked this hotel initially through the Red Lion website. I canceled that reservation when I found a great deal through the hotel's direct website. Got a confirmation email and thought all was good.
Until I showed up for my room. At first there was no reservation. Then there was the old canceled reservation. Then there was a story about why the second reservation was canceled that everyone agreed couldn't possibly be true, including Neil, the manager.
I quickly booked an alternate hotel and went there. In the week since this has happened my second reservation has completely disappeared from the system with no explanation.
Neil to his credit offered up a small amount of cash to offsite the difference between my reserved price and the price I had to pay at the other hotel. But he has yet to offer up an explanation as to why I got a confirmation email for a reservation that he contends was never there in the first place.
So if you are going to book this hotel I would suggest double or triple checking your reservation before your stay. In hindsight I should have done this, but this would have been the first time ever I would have had to do that for any hotel reservation.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Neal S, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

The Guest "did not stay at our Hotel". However, We have apologized to her for the inconvenience. We do Value our Guests and always strive to provide Excellent Guest Service experience.