1,208 results
All reviews gas fireplace car service boutique hotel house car moo restaurant bath salts state house room service rain shower charles street small hotel the hotel's restaurant four seasons chocolate covered strawberries concierge desk sitting area turn down service
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I have stayed here twice and loved each time. Beautiful rooms with great mini bar and excellent in house laundry service, but all the staff are wonderful. Always helpful when you are travelling! A great concierge service with ideas that we would probably never have found ourselves. Mooo the restaurant attached is great too with the best steak in Boston, much too large for me, but my son absolutely wolfed it down. Great bar staff and all in all a very welcoming experience.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher rooms with more light and away from the lift
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
ksmith1515, Director of Sales at XV Beacon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

On behalf of the XV Beacon team, we thank you for your wonderful feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay both times. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our mini bar offerings and of course we loved hearing you had an enjoyable dinner in Mooo... We will be sure to share your review with those team members whom made your stay extra memorable and we look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Arrived at XV Beacon for business for my wife and also for our 35th wedding anniversary. Pillows I requested before hand and also an arrangement of flowers for my wife were ready and both exceeded my expectations. Several requests to the concierge were handled quickly. Ride service provided by XV Beacon was very convenient. Fireplace in our room was unexpected and much appreciated. Our dinner at the attached Moo... restaurant was excellent. Given another opportunity we would both stay at XV Beacon again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

On behalf of the XV Beacon team, we thank you for your wonderful feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear you were able to enjoy your anniversary with us while here on business. We will be sure to share your review with those team members whom made your stay extra memorable and we look forward to having you back soon whether it is on business or leisure!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

This was my second time staying at the XV Beacon. After my first experience with them in April 2018, I decided to return. You can't beat the location - so easy to get to from Logan airport or Amtrak. The size of the hotel is great as is the rooftop space offering nice views of Boston & Cambridge. The rooms are dark, the views are of really nothing, but the fireplace in the room makes up for that.

Mostly everything was great and getting the room through AMEX FH&R always comes with nice perks - especially the late check out. I will say that on both visits the front door men are spotty - sometimes there, sometimes not; sometimes open the door for you, but mostly not.

The person handling check in was great - most attentive and polite. The person handling check out however was not. He seemed flustered and like he couldn't bother. He didn't even ask how my stay was - which was disappointing. I felt like I was being rushed out, but before I went, I notified him that the Harmon Entertainment system wasn't working and how disappointing it was that I couldn't use it during my stay. He told me he'd send someone up to fix it - - good for the person coming in after me, not so much for me.

A strange thing happened during turn down - - I had left a dirty hand towel & wash cloth on the floor before I went out for the night. The wash cloth was wrapped inside the hand towel and was reasonably wet. I mention this detail because upon my return, the wash cloth had been put back on the vanity and the hand towel was draped back on the towel rack. Does turn down service not involve replenishing towels (and removing the dirty ones)? Even the bath mat which I arbitrarily pushed to the side was left as I left it. That was a disappointing thing to see as it brought my experience down a notch. It was disturbing to realize the person who did turn down service went out of their way to touch my dirty towel & wash cloth ...

There are so many choices of hotels in Boston to pick from. I will likely stay at another FH&R hotel next stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
ksmith1515, Director of Sales at XV Beacon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

On behalf of the XV Beacon team, we thank you for your feedback both positive and less favorable. I would very much like to do some further investigating on your turn-down service issue. Would you kindly reach out to me at ksmith@xvbeacon.com so we are able to connect and discuss in more detail as your experience certainly isn't to the standard of which we operate at. Thank you and I look forward to connecting with you soon!

Kara & XVB Team

Reviewed 3 October 2018

It was our first time to the US and we arrived at XV Beacon late on a Friday evening. We were welcomed and went straight to our room (Executive Classic Double) via the leather lined elevator.

The room - yes it had rather dark lighting, but it was well appointed if on the small side, clean and had a gas fireplace. The view, however from the window was of an office block, parking lot and dead window box. However, we went for a walk from some fresh air along Beacon Hill which was lovely at night and really quiet.

Unfortunately, we didn't sleep well due to the noise from the air conditioning units outside the window. My husband explained this to the guys on Reception and they very kindly upgraded us to a room across the corridor, which was larger, lovely and light from the 2 huge windows, overlooked the front of the hotel and had a lovely big bathroom with bath & separate shower. This was perfect and I would highly recommend this room. We ate in that evening and ordered two chicken caesar salads which were absolutely delicious (one of the best I've every had!).

The location is perfect. Just a minutes walk from Boston Common and a 10 minute walk to the harbour. We did the Viator Bike tour for 3 hours which was brilliant - highly recommended. Apart from the room service dinner we didn't use the Moo restaurant, but ate our breakfasts at a fabulous little cafe across the common (5 min walk) called the Thinking Cup.

All the staff we met at the XV were super friendly and when we return to Boston we'd love to stay here again, but in the bigger, lighter room.

Room Tip: Opt for the larger rooms at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ksmith1515, Director of Sales at XV Beacon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

On behalf of the XV Beacon team, we thank you for your wonderful feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your in-room dinner in the comforts of your room hopefully with the gas fireplace on. We will be sure to share your review with those team members whom made your stay extra memorable and we look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

XV Beacon is a special little boutique hotel in the heart of Boston. Located just off of the Commons, it is an excellent location for anything you want to do in the city. The rooms are lovely, the staff is amazing, and the food in the attached Moo restaurant is very good. They have a car available, for a small fee, for wherever you need to go and are very helpful. The red leather elevators, that still smell like leather, remind you of Boston's history. Highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
ksmith1515, Director of Sales at XV Beacon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

On behalf of the XV Beacon team, we thank you for your wonderful feedback and enjoyed your stay and dinner in Mooo... We are glad you liked the red leather in the elevators which I don't think was there back in 1903, but are a nice touch today. We will be sure to share your review with those team members whom made your stay extra memorable and we look forward to having you back soon!

Kara & XVB Team