All reviews fresh waffles great location and price free breakfast an expensive city charles st south station minute walk walked everywhere shower head nice size the theater district parking garage comfortable bed rooms are small would stay again convenient location freedom trail
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I booked this hotel for $400 a night. Nowhere on the website does it say that they are under major construction. There is a dumpster right outside the main entrance. We stopped under the sign "Valet only". When we walked in I asked the front desk person about the valet. She looked at me like I had two heads and said I had to park myself in the garage across the street. The rooms are tiny and dark, although looks like they were redone. By the way, against the statement on website of coffee machine in the room, there is none. There is an electric outlet in the bathroom which you can't use because it is too close to the mirror to plug anything in. Breakfast is a joke - in the basement next to laundry room there is a set up of Keurig machine, pastry and juice in the fridge. Nowhere to sit, there is not even a lobby. Just a desk in construction site. The only good thing is the location. The pictures on the website are deceiving, I am surprised that someone doesn't shut this location down for potential hazard. Shameful.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
David C, Owner at Found Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

The lobby construction has been completed other than the installation of one sign and some décor items. Our breakfast is intended to be a grab and go - so you can pick up coffee and a muffin, or yogurt. I realize your expectations were different and we certainly apologize if we did not meet up to your expectations. David.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Stayed four nights in September 2018. My room was on the fifth floor and although absolutely tiny, was neat and modern. There is no microwave/fridge/coffee maker/iron or any extras. Toiletries are included but are in large canisters attached to the wall. It was nice to have breakfast included but it was very very basic. I understand renovations are going on at the moment so you could only grab and go. The breakfast available was some pieces of fruit, packaged pastries, yoghurt, coffee/tea. The shower took a really long time to get hot. One of the women on the front desk was particularly unfriendly and seemed like she would rather be anywhere else. There is a 24hr reception though, so that is good. Wifi was okay. In an expensive city, this is okay accommodation, in a fantastic location. Very walk-able to a range of attractions.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ebenis
David C, Owner at Found Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Thanks for noting our fantastic location, and as mentioned previously our rooms are small but fully renovated. We use high quality C.O. Bigelow bath amenities in liquid containers, more eco-friendly that the small bars of soap or bottles of shampoo and lotion. David.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

The Found looks like a very nice hotel from the outside. The logo with the bear and the pink room key also suggest htat you are staying in a hip but budget friendly hotel.

However I felt that the decor was very outdated. The elevator felt like I was in a motel 6. Breakfast was downstairs literally next to the laundry and there was no place to sit (there was a sign that they were doing some construction so myabe normally there is a breakfast room to sit in).

I had a 1 person room which is very very small. It is just okay ... Liked the room next to my bed though. Gave it a little less prison feel.

This would be a fine hotel for less than a 100 bugs but I paid 270 and that is totally outrageous for what you get. But apparently hotels can charge this much in Boston which does not seem to have that many city center hotels anyway.

Location is great. You can walk practically everywhere

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

We have completed all guest room renovations, are just about finished on the lobby and yes the elevator is dated and will be the last piece of the renovation. Boston is an expensive city, as noted, and yes the location is the best!

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night for business meeting. On the good side...staff were reasonably nice, room reasonably clean and shower reasonably nice. BEWARE....there is no lobby. There is a small desk at entranceway. No place to sit, meet or eat. Under major construction. OLD. Rooms VERY SMALL. AC kept me up all night long. LOUD! Construction sound annoying and starts early...which didn’t matter cause I could not sleep anyway due to AC compressor in room.
Location is very good. It’s not cheap at almost $320/night all in.
It is less than other hotels but BEWARE. If we had known then what we know now....would have gone elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
David C, Owner at Found Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Michael - All our rooms were completely renovated this year, and we are finishing up on the lobby which will take about two more weeks - just waiting for floor and wall tile to be installed. I certainly would not be happy if I couldn't sleep due to air conditioning, and in normal mode he system is typically very quiet. There is an occasional noise when the pump kicks in to drain the moisture from the very humid days we had in August. David.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The room looked nice and the beds was fine. The people in the lobby couldnt help with anything if we asked about something. The breakfast there was always the same kinda boring. I would not go there with kids.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Brydndis, thanks for staying with us. We are great for single travelers and couples. For families, as you noted, there are probably more "family friendly" hotels in Boston. Our rooms with two queen beds are very large and work for accommodations but we don't have a playroom or anything like that. David,