7 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$183
Hotels.comUS$183
PricelineUS$183
5,556 results
All reviews south station fire station soaking tub the club lounge water view separate shower children's museum beautiful hotel the financial district room service city view the north end quincy market concierge desk mini bar faneuil hall love this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2020

Given it was during Covid and given my IHG membership level I expected more than a room with a view of the building next door, especially being a hotel on Boston Harbor. However having said that maybe due to Covid there was less flexibility and I should be more forgiving. There were mistakes made during check-in with membership numbers and at check-out with the wrong name and address on my bill. But all was corrected.

The bartender Dave was extremely nice and made up for any frustration.

Parking was a bit confusing as I was informed that it was valet only but no one came out. I had to pull into the garage where it said "Valet Only" which lead me to believe I could not drive down the ramp but that is exactly what they wanted you to do. The website states self parking but that was not available. Anyway expected better instructions especially since I had called and asked prior to my arrival. Again possible it was due to Covid rules.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Jack F
Laura Ward, Marketing at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2020

Dear Jack, Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Boston and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback are glad to see that you had an overall nice experience with us. We regret that valet parking caused confusion, and any frustration this caused. Our Parking is a garage where inside it is Valet Parking only. We try to communicate this as aggressively as possible due to Covid. We do hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Boston. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Laura Ward Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 19 October 2020

Wanted to enjoy this hotel but just so many small things added up to make the experience less than favorable. Stay was fine but spa and pool were closed and no indication to that fact on Tripadvisor at the time we booked - only found out at check-in. However, the InterContinental had an agreement w/ the nearby Boston Harbor Hotel to use their pool and facilities. The walk to the hotel is only about .25 miles away... while that was nice, just wasn't the same as relaxing on the premises.

The location of the InterContinental is great - right on the greenway, easy walk to the North End and just outside the Seaport District.

The way the property is run though is what made us regret this stay. Small things like unwelcoming valets, unsympathetic front desk staff (we forgot our charger and book in the room), and an extremely rude general manager (do not come down late after check out or he will likely get visibly and physically upset w/ you) all added up to this being one of the worst highly rated hotels we've ever stayed at.

Rooms were well appointed and well kept. RumBa bar is overpriced and patrons need be aware that NEAT (no ice) and ROCKS (ice) cocktails incur an extra $3 charge (¯\_(ツ)_/¯). Bar is well stocked. Bartender (at the time) could use a refresher course in mixology.

Date of stay: February 2020
4  Thank S B
Laura Ward, Marketing at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Dear S B, Thank you for choosing InterContinental Boston and for your comments. We want to extend our apologies for the fitness center and pool not being open and the disappointment you had with our associates. We take pride in providing impeccable service with authentic and trusted responses to our guests' needs, and we are disappointed that we fell short of this. We do try to make our guests aware of these limited offerings, but we can understand the frustration that accompanies them. We are reviewing your feedback with our team members and are grateful for the detailed account of your experience and how it made you feel. We hope you will give us a chance on your next visit to Boston to show you our devotion to warm hospitality. Kind regards, Laura Ward Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

I recently got engaged at the InterContinental Boston and I was truly blown away by the staff going above and beyond to help my fiancé pull off a surprise for me. Anilta was incredible and even helped my fiancé choose a room to pick the one with the best view (the room we had had a stunning view of the water and city). Everyone from the valet attendant to the front desk staff worked with him to pretend he was checking in for the first time when we arrived together even though he had checked in by himself earlier in the day to prepare the room. The next morning Anilta was at the front desk checking us out and congratulated us and was so friendly. The hotel, room, and view were all amazing but the staff’s commitment to its guests really blew us away. And we felt very safe with all the health precautions the hotel as taken, as well!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank melina615
Laura Ward, Marketing at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2020

Dear Melina615, Congratulations on your engagement! What exciting news and I am so happy that our property and team members were able to be a part of this very special time in you and fiancé's lives. Thank you so much for your very kind 5 star review. I will be sure to share this feedback with our team members. We hope that we will be able to be a special place for you in years to come. Kind regards, Laura Ward Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 13 October 2020

Excellent sized room with a fair view of the water. We loved the comfy king sized bed, the surprise sliding door over the bathtub and the separate shower. The robe was a nice touch, to step into after a long, hot bath.

The cleanliness was apparent everywhere, from downstairs in the shared spaces to the elevator and the entire room. We felt safe inside, especially because you cannot use the elevator without your room key. The minor things we did not like are: No refrigerator. We did not like that the bar closed at 9 pm.

I loved the location on the water. We were able to use a water taxi because there is a dock out back. Very Convenient! Also near enough to walk to many of the tour's starting points.

I highly recommend the InterContinetal!

Room tip: Ask for a view of the water. All room are quiet, unless the next room has a loud occupant.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Cynthia B
Laura Ward, Marketing at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Dear Cynthia, Thank you for choosing InterContinental Boston as the place to stay when visiting Boston. We are truly happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and all of the courtesies that were extended to you. We also appreciate your note on what a great job our Housekeeping team did as we navigate through Covid. Its comments like yours that make our team feel appreciative that their efforts have not gone unnoticed. We look forward to welcoming you back again when your travels bring you to Boston! Kind regards, Laura Ward Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 5 October 2020

Would I stay here again, probably because the location can't be beat. It is on the harbor and I love being near the water. Overall though I was a bit underwhelmed and slightly disappointed by the service and the room. When we arrived the gentleman out front was not friendly and he was not welcoming. When I made the reservation I was informed that parking was complimentary but when we arrived that was not the case so there was some misinformation provided between IHG and the hotel. We did not have a view of the water even though the hotel was mostly empty, when asked for a room with a view the receptionist said she could not give us a room with a view, even though I was informed that this could be done when we arrived at the hotel. The bathroom was amazing, but the room was, in my opinion, rather smallish. I was more wowed when I made the reservation than by the actual hotel experience itself.

Date of stay: September 2020
4  Thank TaresaE
Laura Ward, Marketing at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

Dear Taresa, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at InterContinental Boston. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with your recent hotel stay. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct the communication issues you addressed. I would, therefore, hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Boston. We hope to have the opportunity to restore your complete confidence at InterContinental Boston. Kind regards, Laura Ward Director of Sales and Marketing