“Wonderful Experience ”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #285 of 3,558 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue & State Streets
Transit: Blue Line Aquarium
Description: Chart House is a fine dining restaurant serving seafood & steak and famous for their spectacular views. For more than 50 years, Chart House has redefined the ideal dining experience. With 27 waterfront and showcase locations ranging from the historic to the unforgettable, Chart House restaurants specialize in dazzling views, unique cuisine and exceptional service. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, the renowned chefs of Chart House have tailored a menu that adds a unique touch to local flavors. And the Chart House happy hour is a guest favorite, where guest favor our signature cocktails and delicious bites you are sure to enjoy. Our original Hot Chocolate Lava Cake is the perfect end to a memorable dining experience at Chart House. Chart House offers the ideal setting for your next event. We would be happy to assist you with all the details of your special occasion.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here on a very warm spring day. From first arrival the customer service was very professional and friendly. We both ordered drinks and a Salad each. The salads were absolutely delicious and fresh. What a pleasant experience and can't wait to return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Had reservations for our lunch, would not have needed today, snowing, walking distance from harbor cruise. Started out with shrimp cocktail app. , presentation stunning. Bowl of shaved ice had a special container inserted in, 4 very lg. Delicious shrimp in spicy cocktail sauce, dry ice in container was smoking and crackling. Smoking presentation a clear turn your head moment. Also, had crab roll and lobster sandwiches. Our food and service were top notch. It was spendy.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Restaurant was a very short walk from our hotel (Marriott Long Wharf). Food was great, and service very good. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Me and several other friends had decided to eat lunch at this restaurant this month to see how it is, the location is nice and the surroundings is a cute spot, although with the service and food we were disappointed. The waitress didn’t serve us bread until we asked for it mid-meal. We had ordered some appetizers, the hummus and calamari. Regarding the calamari, it was served on top of a bunch of rice bits and fried vegetables. There wasn’t a lot of calamari on the plate. The hummus was served with three different tastes, and all three were below par. One of the hummus had too much tahini with garlic and an unknown spice, the other had a type of spinach taste that was appalling. When we ordered our meal, I had ordered the pan-seared salmon, it was dry and had no taste, it was served with rice and vegetables, the rice had ginger and another spice that didn’t go with the dish. The vegetables were minimal. My other friend had ordered the baked cod, and complained that the fish was dry and there were minimal vegetables. On my other friend’s plate, on the bottom of the plate there was a strand of hair. Note: my friend has no hair. The service in general was very slow and to order something was a pain. I would not recommend this place for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

If i could have given this restaurant 10 stars I would. This was one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. I went here on my first date with my wife 25 years ago. Now the food is just as good, service is too, and the value for the money is good. I had and recommend the lobster stuffed scrod. The fish was so fresh. I also had the clam chowder. Still as good as it was 25 years ago. Award winning and the best New England style chowder you will ever have.

Been to Chart House? Share your experiences!