3 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$137
Hotels.comUS$137
PricelineUS$137
1,681 results
All reviews td garden ruby room the north end wine hour quincy market celtics game walking distance front desk staff freedom trail king room location was perfect lobby valet properties robes closet
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2020

This hotel was an awesome stay and the amenities were amazing, but if I’m being honest, the real perk of staying at this hotel was Vince at the concierge! He’s a real asset for the hotel. He was amazing, accommodating and his customer service was out of this world. And he catered to all of our plethora of needs, with grace and poise, he and the other staff here were very friendly and helpful! I appreciate them all. Thank you again guys, it was awesome staying with you guys! Definitely a place to stay when you’re in Boston!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank naemahh2017
Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

The hotel is close to everything in Boston and the staff is absolutely amazing. You are walking distance to many attractions and we felt that we didn’t miss having a rental car during our 4 day trip. The hotel was clean and comfortable and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

Kimpton Onyx was a great option if you want to be on the West End. Better yet you are only a short walk to the North End and all the restaurants and sites. Staff at this Kimpton were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and I felt safe at this hotel. The one downside is that there is no parking so you are best off using the valet. Tip: I left my car overnight on the street which is cleaned every night and they do tow, believe me.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank PerksAdvisor_NYC
Reviewed 10 March 2020

The good . . . . The facilities seemed well maintained and decorated smartly. The breakfast and coffee were good. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable with numerous power and USB outlets.

Things to work on . . . OK, I came in with a group of 17 and I was the leader. Having just completed a 8 day tour of Iceland and moving the group from hotel to hotel, I was surprised at how confused and inefficient the staff seemed at check-in. Our group had just 7 rooms for a brief overnight until we could catch our last flight home the next day. I booked 6 rooms using my cc and my Booking.com account and then I booked another room just for me (according to Onyx's requirement). This really seemed to throw them for a loop. Check-in took about 20 minutes but it seemed much longer. The staff (Noah, Vince) were nice and friendly but the situation of multiple bookings by 1 person for 16 others seemed to either overwhelm them or maybe it was the hotel booking software. Again, the staff were nice and brought us waters as we were tired and the staff eventually got everyone settled. Another issue, I only book where breakfast is indicated as "free breakfast included" and the booking confirmations all indicate this clearly for this particular hotel; however, there was a lot of confusion over this as the hotel had a very confusing policy of $50 per 2 guests per room and if you had 3 guests in a room there was an extra "free" breakfast ticket. And there would be a charge and it would be credited . . . . . .Anyway, we'll see "free" this really is because a breakfast wrap was $16 and an omelette was $20. My suggestion to management is to clearly indicate that "free breakfast" is limited to a $16 item + 1 beverage (according to the breakfast-restaurant personnel). It just seems way too complicated. The rooms were over $1600 and for the headaches, honestly, I would probably stay somewhere else on my next visit.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank StanD372
Reviewed 25 February 2020

Hotel was perfectly located in Boston Easy walk to many of the main sites! Service was pleasant and the rooms were very clean and comfortable! Parking is expensive you will be able to find parking cheaper in a lot close by! Beware of the street parking signs are confusing and after midnight you will get a ticket! Two bars close by that were both great and a dunkin right around the corner! Would stay here again!

Only complaint is when i booked i never received an email confirmation even though i was told i would get one and i rand back the next day and was told they don't do them. I could swear breakfast was included and my price was a bit more than i can remember Ii was quoted over the phone, Just found this a bit odd!

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank jessnich
jmariebos, General Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Hi,

I'm glad that you had a great stay with us and loved the location. (We do too!). Thank you so much for staying with us, and yes city parking can be tricky. I am sorry that you did not receive an email confirmation. If you booked through our reservations line, and not a third party, we do 100% provide confirmation emails. We'd be happy to look into it a little more if you'd like to email us at talktous@onyxhotel.com. Best, Jessica