All reviews charles street great location lovely boutique cheers bar charming hotel queen room comfy bed common areas boston commons freedom trail district starbucks garage bay
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Great location.......Charles St. Boutique hotel and reasonably priced compared to the big name hotels. Our room was small but very functional. Queen mattress comfortable. Bathroom big...for the size of room with tub/shower. It was a corner room with nice window views. No elevator to 3rd or 4th floor so plan your bags accordingly. I brought ear plugs because of Charles st...but didn't need.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank austingolf
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Usually with day time shopping, eating and perhaps a glass of wine, Back Bay is the neighborhood of choice, however, this sunny Saturday we decided to stay in Beacon Hill and walk over to Beacon Hill Bistro.

With no reservations, the host greeted us with a broad smile and escorted us to a table. BHB, as the restaurant is affectionately known is classic Boston Bistro design with dark wood, gilded mirrors, black and white tiled floors and the crispest white tablecloth covered tables. I was facing the large windows onto Charles Street where the sun has the pleasure of shining in on BHB’s patrons.

The brunch menu offers you the classics of omelets, eggs benedict and burgers and some not so Boston classic choices such as Shakshuka, Quinoa Breakfast Bowls and (Apepas con Camerones) Huevos Avocado.

Always the creature of habit with choosing eggs benedict, I moved away from my brunch repeat behavior and ordered the Smoked Salmon Toast, which is a plate stacked high of beautifully pink smoked salmon over rye with creamy avocado and salty capers.

One of my friends thoroughly enjoyed the Eggs Benedict, a brunch dish of uncompromising juicy Maine lobster and perfectly poached eggs. The other opted and devoured the Shakshuka while commenting throughout of its wonderful spiciness. I didn’t even get a look in to have a quick taste!

A bowl of fruit for the table was ordered merely to make us feel righteous, however proved to be delicious in its simplicity of a fresh fruit accompaniment.

Back on my radar for restaurant options in the city, I will surely be heading back to BHB very soon.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is lovely and the staff were very kind and helpful. Just a couple of downsides the shower gel was low throughout our stay and you could get hardly any out i was a bit surprised this wasn't checked during housekeeping. The shower itself also wasn't very powerful. We had a clock in the room but it wasn't showing the right time and appeared to be out of battery? didnt think this looled very good. The air conditioning was quite noisy but you could get a good temperature. We enjoyed our stay though as i said just a few minor things.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank abix2018
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Wonderful location in Beacon Hill near multiple shops, restaurants, Boston Commons and the Gardens. Close to subways stops as well. Building is from the 1880's and we had several quirks (the door refused to close one day). However, staff jumped at the chance to be helpful and were always pleasant. 15 rooms total in the hotel along with the restaurant and bar. Our room was small and the floor was not level. I would not go here expecting the Ritz Carlton, but we really enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

So I came here with a friend for breakfast and my friend has dietary issues and allergies, the host and waitress were super accommodating and attentive! The place is super cute, and the vibe and music were very chilled, loved it! The food was delicious, definitely the best chicken & waffles in Boston!

Date of stay: March 2018