5 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 14/07/22
Expedia.comUS$309
Hotels.comUS$309
TravelocityUS$309
All reviews rooftop restaurant red line t station front desk great hotel fitness center directly across the street south station hotel lobby bed was comfortable next morning public transportation suitcases skyline subway uber pros
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2022 via mobile

In town for Boston Marathon, when hotel prices across the board are grossly inflated. Being from Canada, we told them at check in that we wanted to pay with US cash, to avoid exchange & credit card fee. They advised us it was no problem & made a note in our portfolio. We checked again with them the night before check out, asking if we could pay then. Were told that we had to wait for the last night to post. We paid cash at check out only to discover that they had already billed our credit card. While they did refund it, both transactions posted, resulting in a net $55 CDN loss due to credit card fees/exchange. We have tried three times since by phone and email to have them rectify this and they have been unresponsive. We have escalated the dispute to the credit card company. Bottom line, I would avoid this hotel due to indifferent/unhelpful staff. Even without this, what you get is not worth the price.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 6 April 2022

It was $100 a night and I stayed for two nights with a Gilt City voucher. So, it was a descent deal. It's an attractive enough hotel, only two years old, and the staff are friendly. The large bar area looked like it was hopping. It's in a good location: one stop from South Station on the Red Line which transverses my old stomping ground. The Fox and Knife is half a block down, as are a few coffee places. Another block down is a wine shop. The gym is well enough equipped. But, its in a highway traffic triangle, so it's rather noisy. Also, the walls are thin, so I could over hear some patrons' dramas.

Date of stay: April 2022
Kimberly Greene, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2022

Hello LivDaley,

Thank you for your review of the Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown - South Boston. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive and that you found our location convenient.

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of outside noise. We will look into this matter and see how we can address this for our future guests.

Regards,

Kim

Reviewed 5 April 2022

I was a guest at Cambria Hotel, from 24-29 March 2022.
Once I arrived at the hotel, I was presented to the front desk for check-in, and I met Mr. Daivd McKeon (Assistant General Manager), who is a very kind, elegant, professional person.
I was quite happy with his distinguished hospitality.
During my stay, I realized that the front desk team, Ms. Janilce, Ms. Klei, and Ms. Gaby, are very helpful and supportive of whatever requests from the customers.
I appreciate as well the good service of the housekeeping.
The location of this hotel is quite near, either to the city center or the main Boston Convention Center.
The price for the hotel is quite reasonable compared to other hotels at the same level.
Many thanks to the front desk team of Cambria Hotel and to the housekeepers who made my stay very comfortable.

Date of stay: March 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello aksattar,

Thank you for your five-star review of the Cambria Hotel Boston! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff, mentioning each of them by name. It is definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let David, Janilce, Klei and Gaby know that they made an impact during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Kim

Reviewed 18 March 2022 via mobile

We had a very mixed stay at the Cambria. Some definite pros being the location next to the T red line at Broadway and pleasant staff. Sleek looking hotel with an industrial theme to the rooms. Unfortunately we experienced some noise issues during our stay with an elevator fault and resulting loud echoing banging on the 2nd night. Shame we liked our original room (1217) well appointed and the view of the city was gorgeous.

Moved to a room with an a/c unit fault and then moved again. At the time very frustrating but overall the hotel handled it well and we’ll put this one down to “stuff happens” and lessons learnt.

Rooms have Kuerigs which is nice and the bathrooms are large with great showers. We leave the Cambria on a positive note. Nice bar/restaurant as part of the Cambria for cocktails and dinner.

Room tip: The breakfasts down the street at Amrheins Irish bar are excellent. The no 9 MBTA bus is a great link to Copley from just across the street
Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 25 November 2021 via mobile

It was excellent service all over. From the reception desk to the housekeeping, it ensured that the room was always clean and organized after coming from outside. The only reason why it isn't a five-star is that there were design features that didn't make sense, and there was a limit to the heater, so it did get cold sometimes.

Room tip: Make sure to bring your card with you at all times.
Date of stay: November 2021