1,779 results
All reviews old state house great location freedom trail faneuil hall glass shower hardwood floors historic building boutique hotel quincy market the north end state street modern design street noise mini bar room service government center corner room
Reviewed 14 April 2016

The Ames Hotel is a nice oasis in Govt Center. This hotel offers an international modern room with a helpful and friendly staff. The Restaurant was under renovation but my expectation is that when it opens in a few days it will be a nice place to unwind. I was in Boston on business and had to work for a few hours in the room. I found my room to be very functional with a good work space. I will stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Anna K, Director of Rooms at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Hi SandSav,

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

For me, the pros far outweigh the cons, inappropriately over-emphasized in some reviews. O.K., the 1st floor restaurant temporarily is closed--breakfast room on 2nd floor (expensive) is open. Hey, it's a very short walk (ask at desk for short-cut) to a fantastic steak dinner at Ruth Chris. Equally short walk to Starbucks--good breakfast alternative.
Room 501--with king-size bed was quiet and provided a nice view onto the square below. I liked the thick bathrobes and other high-end amenities.
Super convenient to financial/business district and only 1 to 2 blocks to Green, Orange and Blue T-lines; about 5 blocks to Red Line.
Décor and shower are super-modern Scandinavian. Very confortable bed. Very clean and well maintained room. Hotel is rather new. Good simple wifi connectivity--free..
Considering in-town Boston lodgings, Ames was good value for money.

Room tip: Ask for king-size rooms. I liked 501.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ChaseXeen

Hello ChaseXeen,

Thank you so much for a great review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Ames Boston Hotel. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2016

We are planning on staying in Boston for 2 days as my father in law has never been to Boston. We were trying to find a hotel suite that would be suitable for the 3 of us. We came across this hotel and were very impressed with the location and the photos of the hotel. We thought the deluxe king suite had a door on the bedroom, keeping us somewhat private and from my father in law that wakes up at 3:30am to recite latin. Any way, we booked the room, and after realized it did not have a door to separate us. Long story short, my wife proceeded to call Lorenzo at least 8 times. She wanted to cancel, then she wanted to keep the room, she wanted to check prices for other rooms- see about discounts from AAA (basically she had a million questions). He was super helpful once he heard what we were looking for. He offered everything but the kitchen sink. Unfortunately the only thing that would have worked for us was the $1500 a night apartment, which looks killer, but out of our price range. After we decided on the suite for the 2 of us, and figured we would just book a hotel room elsewhere for my father in law, Lorenzo called us back to inform us that he had done some brain storming a found a way to save us money on the rooms. This is above and beyond any customer service I've ever experienced. So, to the management, you have an employee on your staff that is top notch. I run multiple restaurants and bars in Los Angeles, and I would love to have just 1 Lorenzo working for me. You can guarantee that next time just my wife and I come to Boston, Lorenzo is the man we are calling to book a room.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AnnaKucharskaRooms, Director of Rooms at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Leiamarino80, thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. I'm thrilled to hear that Lorenzo ensured your stay with us was fantastic.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

I was pleasantly surprised by the Ames. Aside from the fact that the lobby bar/restaurant was undergoing renovation, I had a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and happy to change my room when I needed a different set up. The room itself was clean and comfortable, and the modern design was very pleasing. The bathroom was a good size, with one of the best showers I have experienced in a hotel. The gym was also very clean and modern. And the location can't be beat. The staff was also accommodating when I needed to stay beyond my check out time; they were happy to store my bags and let me use the 2nd floor breakfast room as long as I needed. I would stay again on my next trip to Boston.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Anna K, Director of Rooms at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Hi Jerilyn P,
It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Boston.
Regards,
Anna Kucharska, Director of Rooms

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights Wednesday- Sunday, great location, spacious room and well serviced, would recommend this hotel to anyone sightseeing in downtown Boston, excellent wifi available for 2 devices overall no complaints except there was no kettle in the room and would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi CRaff_1984,

thanks for joining us at Ames Boston Hotel and for taking time to write a review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, your specious room, our service and location. We are happy to provide a complimentary kettle in your room. Please feel free to contact me at anna.kucharska@amesbostonhotel.com, so we can have it waiting for you on your next trip.