All reviews ymca gym freedom trail long wharf bunker hill convenience store across the bridge few blocks t station rates aquarium waterfront
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Good location-near the sea front activities and good for walking up to 30-45 minutes to other interesting locations.Limited eating opportunities--nearest one was hospital cafeteria,which served a decent breakfast.
Room was a problem-odd design with low slanting ceiling.Couldn't tell if it was due to being on top floor or was trying to imitate ship's quarters.Bumped my head twice getting into bed.
Discount parking was some distance away.Has Y facilities in same building.

Room Tip: not top floor
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2018

As soon as I saw an entrance with dirty glass door, I had the feeling the place is dirty. Even though the lobby is bright and looks more or less clean, there was a cockroach on the floor. The air in the room was stuffy with too much air freshener. The room was neat, but the sink in the bathroom was dirty and rusty and one of the face towels had hair on it. Overall, unpleasant hotel. I don't think it worth the money, it's not like it's a cheap motel. The parking is $10 a day and it's far, a few blocks away. Also, there is nothing to eat around except Dunkin Donuts around the corner. Since the place doesn't have a complimentary breakfast, that was a good thing.This hotel is far from everything. It is attached to YMCA gym, so you can use it any time. Did not use the pool. The only thing we liked about the area is a ferry that goes to the city, about 10 min ride, beautiful and a small park.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lana Z
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel. Large room with two double beds. Fridge,microwave and coffee maker in room. We were on the 5th floor and it was very quiet.
The hotel is on the Charlestown Navy yard which is part of the Freedom Trail. Good bus service into downtown Boston.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Beth B, Manager at Constitution Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback and for choosing us for your stay in Boston.

We hope to see in back in the near future.

All my best,

A Mason

Reviewed 7 August 2018

First, let's set the expectations correctly. This is a two star property. The carpets are worn, and the furniture is dated. The air conditioning is mediocre and the wifi is weak. Overall the decor is tired.

Customer service is hit and miss. Sunday morning - HIT. Great conversation with the guy about my road trip. Very helpful and friendly. Saturday night - MISS. My key got demagnetized and all I got with the re-coding was a, "you're good to go", no apology for the inconvenience.

That being said, the location very good. The hotel was clean and it was safe. Parking is relatively convenient but quite inexpensive at $10/24 hours. Hotel price was very reasonable given that you're in reasonable walking distance to the city center.

Now, there weren't many bars in the area (though the Warren is quite good). So unfortunately there were some other guests who probably bought alcohol from the convenience store and decided to make their own (noisy) party in their room at 4am. If that's your thing, I guess this is the place for you, but I beseech you to consider the failures in your life and all around poor decisions that lead you to getting drunk by drinking out of plastic cups in a hotel room.

So if you want to stay in Boston on a budget, and don't want to be too far away, this is a decent choice for those who can handle the rough edges. As I said, it's a two star property, but it punches over its weight so I give it 3 stars.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Mad_Doctor_Chrome
Beth B, Manager at Constitution Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! We always strive to improve.

-A Mason
Operations Director

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This is a large hotel located in the old Navy yard, off the beaten path. It is convenient and affordable, especially for military, but it needs a good dose of updating. Beds were old and uncomfortable. Pull out sofa was akin to a Seinfeld episode where Elain slept at Jerry’s parents house, no shades on the lamps, mold In The bathroom and kitchen, paint was peeling, faucets dropped, queen size sheets on full size beds, only ice machine in the hote was broken. Attached and associated to the Charlestown YMCA which was convenient and expansive

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Beth B, Director of Sales at Constitution Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! We're always striving to improve, your observation is helping us in the process.

We hope you enjoyed Boston!

All my best,