Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$185
View deal
Hotels.comUS$185
FindHotelUS$194
Inn At St BotolphUS$193
eDreamsUS$185
Expedia.comUS$185
Agoda.comUS$185
All reviews yogurt nespresso machine living room south end quiet street gas fireplace prudential building boston marathon location was perfect xv beacon bay keyless laptop copley
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2020

I wish that I could give this hotel 2.5 stars, I was really torn between poor and average, but I think due to some customer service issues, I would have to come down on poor. There were good aspects of the stay, but overall, I could not really recommend this property in good conscience.

The Good: There were a lot of factors that influenced us to choose this hotel. For one, I really loved the apartment-style feel of the one-bedroom suite. I loved having a separated living space from the bedroom, and also loved that the bedroom would not be right next to another person's bedroom. I also thought the kitchenette was charming, and outfitted (as promised) with cooking supplies and plates/utensils/etc. Also, the location was great, near many South End restaurants, but not too close to the hustle and bustle of Copley and Back Bay. I also thought (initially), the price was very fair.

The Bad: This hotel could use just a bit of an update. There were a few elements that were a little dated or rough around the edges, which competed with the styling of the overall room. This was not too much of a damper on the trip, but just not the most aesthetically pleasing.

Additionally, a huge problem was that at no point were we given or able to find any information about how to reach the front desk or what the hours were. We went based off of the information circulated online, but twice throughout this process (once when trying to book, which might have prevented the problem below in regards to fireplaces), we called before 10p and were directed straight to voicemail. Additionally, there was no in-room phone, and so when we had to call the front desk, we had to look up the phone number online to call. I think that if a hotel has non-standard staffing, then there should just be clarity about what that means for the establishment.

The Ugly: These were the elements that really knocked this hotel down:

1. The Fireplaces: We booked this hotel specifically because they boasted about their rooms being outfitted with gas fireplaces. Unfortunately, nowhere was it mentioned that these fireplaces do not turn on until October 15th. Therefore, we ended up paying more for a room that we would not have booked at all if we had known about this. This should be made clear before booking, especially since the cancellation policy at this establishment is so rigid. This was a major disappointment for us.

2. The Customer Service: When we arrived, our bathroom had about half a roll of toilet paper and no back up. When we started to run out our second day, we attempted to call the front desk at around 8p. We were sent straight to voicemail, where we left a message hoping for a call back. We then ended up calling the sister hotel, XV Beacon, and were told that they would call us back with more information. Eventually, they did call us back, only to tell us that because of several changes in staffing, they did not have any staff contacts. They then put us on hold for several minutes, and then our line was transferred to a different line on which we were waiting as the phone rang constantly for several minutes. After hanging up, we received another call twenty minutes later, at which point we were given two contact numbers, and left another voicemail, to no response. We never received any response back from any customer service representative, which was pretty disappointing.

3. Water bug: At one point, I walked into our kitchenette and saw a water bug crawling on the wall. Not great.

Overall...I mean, I would not recommend it, but it could work for some others, given that your expectations are reasonably managed and you don't mind that you may not be able to get through to any customer service reps.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank adair515
Reviewed 7 September 2020

First I would like to say I have stayed at this hotel in 2018 and it was fantastic. I booked a room for September of 2020 to run the Boston Marathon. Due to Covid the race was cancelled and changed to a virtual Marathon. On May 28, 2020 I sent an email asking to cancel by room. Dustin Brown (Operations Manager) responded to my email on June 2, 2020 that my reservation has been cancelled and refunded in full. I still have not received my refund. I have been calling and emailing the hotel since June and I have been told they are behind due to Covid 19. Then the last I was told there was an issue with the Finance Department issuing the credit. On August 11, 2020 I called the hotel again and was told they can send me a check for the refund amount and they asked that I send my mailing address which I promptly did. I have not received my check yet. No one is responding to my emails now. All I know is this is a very poor way to manage a hotel. There is no excuse for not refunding my credit card. I will not stay at this hotel again and will most likely have to take the hotel to small claims court to get my money back. Beware

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank 3phxsns
Reviewed 1 September 2020

I had a very nice at this hotel during the COVID crisis. Considering that sanitation and cleanliness is always at the front of our minds these days, I found NO issue with the hotel going above and beyond to make sure that I was safe. I truly felt that I was in good hands the entire way through. When it comes to the actual room, I was nothing but please. The room was perfectly laid out, and it was honestly better than the bedroom at my house! The bathroom was very elegant, and the kitchen came fully stocked with plates and mugs. It is in a great location, right near Copley, Huntington, and Back Bay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who lies safety and convenience with a touch of royalty.

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2020

I booked this hotel knowing it said they had a 30 day cancelation policy for a full refund. I canceled 45 days before and they have not refunded my money. I've spoken with the manager, Laura, multiple times and I keep getting excuses as to why they won't issue me a refund. The credit card machine wasn't working, they switched credit card servers, the USPS~ all lame excuses. They took my money by credit card but I can't get a refund that way. Then they said I had to email them to ask for a refund. I did that and still nothing. Their customer service stinks.

Room tip: horrible customer service
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank worldtravelerrose
Reviewed 3 May 2020

A couple of blocks off Huntington in Back Bay, the Inn is located on a quiet street—a plus for us—yet within a short walk to the Pru, the Copley library, to Trinity Church, the Hynes, to Newbury, even to the Charles and Beacon Hill. Also, walking distance to a yoga/Oilates studio we loved.
We loved the quiet large well furnished comfortable rooms and enjoyed the breakfast room with its leisurely breakfasts and choice of coffees, teas, juices, cornucopia of good muffins and jams, yoghurts, etc.
Complete laundry service is a plus as is gym access where we kept up with our routines.
The desk, manned by young staffers, proved very kind and helpful—lent us umbrellas and gave us dining tips.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoannaDow