11 people are viewing this hotel
FairmontUS$263
FindHotelUS$235
Hotels.comUS$293
4,161 results
All reviews gold floor oak bar black lab hotel dog resident dog beautiful hotel trinity church newbury street the location is perfect freedom trail copley lobby concierge dame doorman bay conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2021

The hotel was perfectly located to restaurants, shops and the T system. The hotel itself was old world glamour and extremely well maintained. The staff were pleasant and professional. I would love to go back to the Fairmont Copley!

Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
Reviewed 7 April 2021

I agree with April 3rd post. The Gran Dame has aged. From the front of the house and throughout this place it has not aged well. The doorman & and bellman set the table for a disappointing experience_with the discussion of self park vs valet.....$ 40 cash to have a parking spot on the street. Please.......
COVID issues aside, here the customer is a distraction and not their primary focus. Room cleanliness was superior, but I struggle with the dark finger prints on all of the doors.... the room service charges are a joke. The $ 80 bottle of Chardonnay became $100+ with fees & taxes. I’ve stayed here before and at other Fairmont properties as well, but this place has been forgotten by ownership. At check out I called the valet for my car and was told it was at the front door. I arrived at the front door and was told by the doorman that my keys were at the front desk-could someone,please, had told me????? The sole redeeming value is the Longbar/Oak Room.... although three+ staff members initially ignored us, we finally were seated and enjoyed a nice cocktail with a mandatory food offering.....

Room tip: Seek another location
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank TrpsterA
Reviewed 4 April 2021

As I was walking in from the front toward the reception/check-in, the valet was repeating that I need to pay ($40/day) for the duration of the stay, upfront to him and in the same breath (even before I had a chance to get to the front desk) was pushing me to go to the ATM to give him the cash. I paid him cash but the only receipt he provided me was his handwritten "paid" on the valet ticket.

I understand that this is COVID time, but a hotel of Fairmont's reputation, most of the time they had only one person at the front desk. Most of the times I called, the phone would ring for 5-10 minutes with no answer, and when answered , would be on hold for another 5-10 minutes. Free bottled water was included in the room package. The last night of the stay, I called for water at 8:30 PM and receptionist Ana quite rudely said "we are busy now and we are running many errands". I asked her if I could expect water in 30 minutes, she said "I don't know". The water never came and I went to sleep thirsty. Generally, the staff is not polite at all. Other than the location, the hotel has nothing good. All the services (restaurants, fitness) are all closed, but they still charged an additional "Resort" fee of $40/day? Why? Why don't they include this price in the room rate ? Similarly, for room service, they add $8 delivery charge and 18% service charge. Non-transparent pricing.

Room tip: Pick this hotel only of you need the location.
2  Thank 473ishtiaqa
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

very good attention from the hosts, the hotel is very beautiful and has many ancient architecture, a pleasure to enjoy its facilities. the room is comfortable in all respects, very comfortable beds and pillows.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2021

I was so pleased with my stay at the Fairrmont. Their Covid protocol was professional and made me feel
Very comfortable. The room was sanitized and came complete with a little kit equipped with masks, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. The breakfast was the best I ever had, especially the potatoes! I recommend this hotel for my overall experience was very pleasant!

Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
2  Thank DianaR59
Vanessa Kuo, Marketing at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear DianaR59,

Thank you kindly for your wonderful review! We are delighted to learn you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you felt safe and comfortable the entire time. It was our pleasure to host you and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best regards,