“Cool place, short drive from downtown”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Grounds
Ping Pong Table
Ping Pong Table
The Building
Morning light on my private coffee spot
New flat top range and laundry room for those at home amenities
New Queen size eco friendly mattress in the master
Master Bath
New Queen size eco friendly mattress in the 'leaf room'
New Queen size eco friendly mattress
Tons of space for everyone to put up their feet
Lots of light in every room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Roy B
“Cool place, short drive from downtown”
Reviewed 31 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed in this house for three nights. It's at the end of a dead end road, not totally secluded, but very nice location. It's a short drive from downtown and west Asheville, so great location. House has three bedrooms, very nice size, with a big deck and fire pit off the back of the house. Great for folks that want to bring their pets as well!

12 Sep 2016
So glad you enjoyed your trip Roy!
Mountains...
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Fantastic house in Asheville - best value around!”
Reviewed 14 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

A large group of us recently traveled to Asheville for a wedding and found this house to be an excellent place to stay. The place was exactly as pictured with a fabulous back deck overlooking a yard and trees and a front porch that was blissful to hang out on while it was raining. The house has a feel of being far removed in the mountains, but you're actually just a quick trip from all of the sights of Asheville. The living room was very comfortable for entertaining and the open kitchen/dining area was fantastic for our big meal gatherings. All appliances worked great (yes, there is now a microwave) and the hot water heater kept up with the six adults staying there. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed and the beds were quite comfortable. We also enjoyed the extra blankets while hanging out on the couches. The wifi was easy to access and we had no trouble maintaining a connection. The owner was a little tough to get in touch with via email, though he did respond eventually. If you have anything time sensitive, I would recommend calling or texting him. Otherwise he was very accommodating and easy to work with. The location of the house was very convenient and we will definitely be staying there again in the future. I have already recommended this house to friends and family.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Feb 2016
My apologies on being tough to reach. I'm usually pretty good about it. I may have been doing a lot of backpacking around then. I'm really happy you enjoyed your stay and my home!
Erick
kayron55
“Book this house now!”
Reviewed 29 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This is a great house! It is very spacious. My baby dogs loved the huge back deck and the front and backyard are very nice. The location is very close to downtown Asheville. We have rented numerous cabins and houses and this Ez Livin is one of the best! The owner, Erick, responds to emails immediately and has been more than helpful. I would highly recommend this house especially if you bring your dogs. I rate this house outstanding!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
6 Feb 2016
Wow thanks for the great review! I'm glad you and the dogs enjoyed my home. As a dog owner myself I know how important it is to be able to find somewhere for your furry best friends to stay and be comfortable.
L S
“No wow, just okay”
Reviewed 22 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

The exterior was poorly kept. Yard and landscaping could use a good trim and weeding. Fire pit over grown. Patio furnishings sparse and not in good repair. Interior was clean, beds comfortable, and adequate. Kitchen not fully equipped, no microwave or ice maker. Six adults booked to stay only two wash cloths, and six towels.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Location, quiet setting
Liked least: Lack of out door furniture, no usable fire pit.
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
30 Oct 2014
I am in the process of hiring a different lawn service. So glad that the interior of the house was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately I've apparently had some towels go missing, and most recently a pillow! My cleaning service is supposed to inform me, so that I can replenish the supply. They just told me about the pillow, but I was not aware of the towel depletion. I appreciate the heads up and will take care of that immediately. The next purchase for the home is actually new patio furniture and a firepit for the deck. I found that guests weren't as likely to use the pit down in the yard. They like the lofty and spacious deck for evening lounging. The listing doesn't say "microwave" because I don't think it's healthy to prepare food that way. I regret any inconvenience and hope my concern for my guests' health is seen as a positive to some. Bumps in the road like these are just a challenge to keep improving, and I am listening and acting. Thank you.
Peanut670...
“Less than expected.”
Reviewed 30 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

The house was in need of maintainance. The front porch was literally falling apart. The basement had such a strong moldy odor that it about took your breath away.
We were a bit uncomfortable to find items left in the fridge and kitchen cabinets. Also in

the bathrooms. We felt as if we were in someone else's
home while they were not there.
It also lacked in few things that we assume will be there such as trash cans in the bathrooms and a microwave.
The yard was a mess. We couldn't even find the fire pit that we bought wood to burn in. The flower beds were so over grown that they were growing on to the front porch. I was told that the land scaper hadn't been there in a few weeks. I'm pretty sure there is no land scaper or real house keeper.
Erick should have a realtor managing this property. He is very nice but it is obvious that he is barely getting by here.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 Oct 2014
My cleaners have been extremely reliable and have kept the inside of the home in immaculate condition which you said yourself when we spoke. I feel a big part of the charm of staying at a VRBO rental is it is a home not a cold hotel room with no personality. I don't have personal pictures or knick knacks anywhere in the house so am not sure why this was a bad thing. The flowers growing onto the porch are nasturtiums and were designed to grow that way. I agree the beds were in need of weeding and the fire pit needed to be weed wacked free due to a lapse in landscaping care that I was not aware of. The front porch "falling apart" is just not true. The gap you see between the post and the roof is simply a slight cosmetic repair. Those posts have nothing to do with the structural integrity of the roof. The wood beneath your feet is perfectly safe and sound. I never stated the home had a microwave which is in a checklist provided by Flipkey and personally believe they are worthies as they steal all the nutrients from your food. The only thing they're good for is popping corn and that's why I have an air popper. I'm really sorry you were unhappy with your stay but you were the first who was after 2 years of renting it.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing