“Not Great Anymore”

Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Woonsocket
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Arrived to reservation chaos, seated by 6pm after long wait only to be advised the evening special of Prime Rib was already sold out. Rest rooms were bad. Used to be great in quality and price. Disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (248)

Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

Stay away. My husband and I do not eat out often, but during this pandemic we are trying to support local restaurants with take-out. I called River Falls around 6:20pm yesterday (Sunday) to place 2 orders for Berch Chicken - my bad - they were out and I get it - I called too late. I should have called earlier. The individual taking the order on the phone said they were substituting Family Style Chicken which was their roasted chicken. I ordered 2 meals of the chicken and asked for one with a baked sweet potato instead of the fires - individual said no problem. (I asked for the sweet potato since the berch chicken comes with a choice of fries or sweet potato and figured the same choice would be for the roasted chicken). I was told 10-15 minutes so I arrived within 12 minutes and was told it would be a few minutes - no problem. Almost 10 minutes went by and nothing. Another individual showed up and said he ordered 2 chicken dinners (same as I did). The receptionist went back to the kitchen to check and came back telling the other individual they were out of roast chicken but no one told her. She didn’t say anything to me and went back to the kitchen. I asked the other customer if she had just said they were out of chicken and he said yes! When staff came back to the desk she told both of us they did have chicken and it would be a few more minutes. Finally received our orders after more than 30 minutes after I arrived. I was wondering if I would be getting raw chicken! Handed over our bag and said sorry for the wait!

When I got home, I checked the receipt on the bag and saw I was charged extra for the sweet potato but was not told at the time of ordering that there was an up charge. It wasn’t a lot, but I feel I should have been told. When we opened the containers, we had fries in one and some type of primavera (I think) - not a sweet potato in the other. The chicken was dry, the pasta tasted like the American chop suey served in the school cafeteria when I was in school some 50 yrs ago, one tomato in the salad and one cucumber slice in the salad! Terrible meal!

I called to let them know my dissatisfaction and the only response from the receptionist was ‘ok’. I tipped 20% of my bill to help out the waitstaff. We visited River Falls under the previous owners way back when and had an awful meal so we have never gone back. We decided things may have changed under the newer ownership so we tried them again. Nope! We will never go back!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

I paid $25 for the lobster ravioli that should just be called ravioli. It was an undercooked oversized ravioli with a pea sized portion of shredded lobster mix. Total rip off. My wife had shrimp and scallop Alfredo which was good but overpriced at $25.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 6 August 2020

so so great. made reservation at 7:00...had to wait about 30 minutes. not an issue, just wish I'd known ahead and would've made a 6:30. double edge sword - great views, but no one wants to leave....wednesday is the day to go. $39 for 2 salad, 2 meal (lots to choose from), bottle of wine, two desserts. what a great deal!!! almost don't want to publicize it....can't say enough about the views....felt like vacation 15 minutes from home

Date of visit: August 2020
3  Thank hejoboston
Reviewed 26 July 2020

Went here the other day for dinner. The location is great, right at the falls in Woonsocket. Looks like an old factory which was nicely done with indoor and outdoor seating. The service was fantastic. The food was good, very typical for the most part. It's a great spot and a suggestion if you are in Woonsocket.

Date of visit: July 2020