Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa
  • Pool
US$251
US$243
Fairfield Inn
The Virginian Motel(Moab)(Great Value!)
US$148
Inca Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
US$157
Official Site
TripAdvisor
All reviewspetting zooriver viewfarm to tablehorseback ridingporch swingtennis courtsfamily suitearches national parkfour seasonswestern stylespectacular settinghummer tourrock formationsred cliffsnatural beautybeautiful propertyamazing location
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Had a wonderful time here. We stayed in the king river suite and it was perfect. It is a little ways from town so don't expect to just zip back and forth into town multiple times a day, but you probably won't want to anyway. The staff is awesome, they will help you with literally anything and answer any question you have. If they don't have an answer, they will find you one. The restaurant was experiencing some growing pains while we were there, but the food was very good so I won't fault them for that. They went way out of their way to make my wife's birthday special as well. Truly, aside from the hiccups in the restaurant experience (and the giant hornets by the pool), I couldn't come up with any complaints if you paid me. Great place to stay and eat, highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stewart H
Andy D, Resort Manager at Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Stewart H, Thank you for sharing your 5 star review of Sorrel River Ranch. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our r river suite and the stunning views. Our staff is the heart of our resort and they appreciate your kind words. I apologize for the short coming on your dining and pool experience. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the property in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have additional feedback to share.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

The river and bluffs are remarkably beautiful. However, our stay was diminished with long waits for food and mediocre salad portions and wilted French fries. Website states evening walks, yoga and exercise classes but these were not available during our three night stay. Daily treats are nice and the same daily although staff said it changed every day. Good coffee in am but pot drained quickly and not refilled. There is no paved walk way directly to the guest parking on the east side. What is printed may not be true and you have to ask for items, such as a pet bowl when we DID register our dogs. My biggest concern was the meals, alternate restaurants are in Moab or one resort close by. It is very expensive for the issues and we decided we would not return.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mountaingirl54

Dear mountiangirl54, Thank you for sharing how beautiful our ranch is. We pride ourselves on location. Being separated from the town of Moab allows our guests a peaceful setting. Its disappointing to hear how we fell short on your service. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the property in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you would allow us the opportunity to discuss the service you received and to find a time to host you coming back to the property so you can experience the service we are known for.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This vacation unexpectedly topped the list for our family. I was expecting it to be beautiful and relaxing coming from nyc and it truly was in every way but so much more. The kids (3 & 7) loved the ranch and all the fun things they could do on the property with all the animals, trails, pool, hiking, biking, s’mores. They could run around right outside our room like it was our own personal house on the ranch and find so much to do.

The tours were even more amazing. We went out with Jeff and Steve. Both were very nice and informative and great with our kids. My kids were so attached to Jeff since he took us out 3 days. Even after we returned to nyc my daughter kept saying she missed Jeff. The extreme jeep tour was by far the most fun for all of us. It was thrilling but we also got to stop and enjoy the views and terrain as well. We recommend that for anyone that can appreciate some excitement while sightseeing.

We will definitely be returning to the ranch at some point. The only negative was how hard it was to adjust back to the concrete jungle.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear candyeverybodywants,

Thank you for sharing your 5 star review of Sorrel River Ranch. We pride ourselves on our beautiful location along the Colorado River and intimately tucked in red rock desert. Your review describes the service we would like to provide to all of our guests. Our animals are always a big hit along with the open space for children to run and play.

Our team always appreciates kind words coming from our guests. Jeff and Steve are wonderful assets to the activities center. The new Hell's Revenge Jeeps tours are breathtaking.

Yes, I agree its always difficult to leave this area. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the property in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I was really excited to eat at this farm to table restaurant. The night started off perfect with good wine and fresh bread. I ordered the vegetarian entree off of the menu a gnocchi. When it came there was prosciutto in the pasta. I alerted the server to my vegetarian diet and the meat in the entree. They comped my meal which was nice but didn't offer to make me anything else. The manager didn't come over and address the issue. He let the young nervous waiter state "he was on my side". The other entrees my party ordered were amazing. But be careful if you have ANY dietary restrictions!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Margaret A,

Thank you for the review and taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am disappointing to hear you did not receive the quality you deserved in one of my favorite dishes. Our Gnocchi is house made with garden fresh veggies. I am happy to read our manger took care of your dinner.

I do appreciate you mentioning the other amazing dishes you and your party received. We are a farm to table restaurant but I personal like to say a garden to table as local sourcing is our number on priority. Please reach out to me directly should you want to come back and enjoy the Gnocchi the vegetarian way it is supposed to be prepared. We hope to entertain you in the near future.

Resort Manger

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We came for dinner. Very expensive and so-so food. I had steak with mushrooms and potatoes for $48. the steak was rather chewy and not so tasty. the sauce was good. the location is pretty, along the banks of the Colorado river. I was disappointed to see how much water they use in an area that has so little water - they had a swimming pool and also a big field clearly irrigated. but the buildings are attractive, so if you don't care about price or stewardship of the land, then you would probably enjoy Sorrel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear SEM02139,

Thank you for your review and pointing out our location tucked along the banks of the Colorado River. We do provide many types of water for our guest to satisfy their needs. Our fields only get irrigated when needed to support our heard of horses so we do not have to increase our carbon footprint to truck in feed. We pride ourselves in the stewardship of the land and only wish we would have had the time for you to take a garden tour to learn more about these experiences. Sourcing local is our number one priority.

I would love for you to be invited back to the ranch for a longer length of time to show you the wonderful things we do ensuring sustainability of the delicate ecosystem we operate in. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to set up a time to host you to come back and have the experience we are known for.