All reviews liquor store the main street small balcony cookie cutter in town walk in shower separate bedroom hard boiled eggs within walking distance nice pool and hot tub moab adventure center biscuits and gravy shops and restaurants place to stay continental breakfast yogurt the ground floor
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Every room here is different in design and decor. My daughter and I shared the one bedroom suite with a pullout sofa in the living room. We needed help to get the sofa pulled out correctly, but that was the extent of our problems. The walk-in shower (no tub) was great with all the hot water and pressure we needed after hiking. The kitchenette was perfect for making morning coffee before breakfast downstairs. The breakfast is billed as "continental," but it's much more than that. The waffle maker, hard boiled eggs and array of breads, fruits, and cereals takes it out of the continental category. Our room was cleaned every day without torching our stacks of books and papers. Just a block off Main Street, the location is perfect for walking almost everywhere in downtown Moab. Plenty of free parking and blackout blinds to keep out light at night. Go for the quirky character and leave the chain motels to the folks who don't like a surprise.

Room Tip: All rooms are different. Ask front desk for help in choosing depending on your needs.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GonzoInn, Guest Relations Manager at The Gonzo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You didn't mention our salt water pool I hope you had a chance to get out and enjoy it. Hopefully you will make it back to the area and we'll see you again. Thank you choosing the Gonzo Inn

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

My aunt and I stayed here for during our trip to Arches National Park. We were there for 2 nights and the room was lovely and the street was nice and quite. The room included: a fridge, microwave, safe, and a gorgeous balcony.

The only thing stopping me from giving this hotel a 5 star review was the staff. The front desk staff was unfriendly and our room was mediocrely cleaned. I do have to point out that the breakfast staff was friendly and went out of their way to help fellow guests.

I would likely stay here again, however my only recommendation would be the improvement of the staff’s indifference.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

I am sorry to here that our staff did not meet and exceed your expectations. I will make sure the proper departments are notified to ensure that this issue is addressed. I do hope you enjoyed your time in Moab and that if you return you will give us another chance to impress.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stayed for 3 nights in a one bedroom suite. Absolutely loved every bit of it. The room decor is very unique which is nice from your basic standard hotel. The breakfast was just ok. No protein so we actually ate breakfast out. Loved being able to walk right into town. Very quiet location. The staff was very nice. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2018

In a quiet and treed location, just off of the main road, Gonzo Inn definitely appealed to me far more than any of the soulless looking, generic accommodation that lines very busy, Main Street, Moab. At first, I was given Suite 118, at the back of the complex. It was spacious but dark, looked dated rather than retro/quirky (the aspect that makes Gonzo Inn unique) and had a saggy sofa. The thought of spending 3 nights there was too much. Within minutes, I was back at the front desk asking for another suite. Thankfully, Room 102 was available. Suite 102 was close to the breakfast area and ice machine, spacious, bright, had pleasant outlooks towards the pool and onto a suburban, tree-lined street, no saggy sofa and had a wonderful bed and bed linen that proved to be the best of our entire 23-day holiday.
My suggestion is to book early and directly through the Inn and be specific about to the type of room you want. Some rooms are definitely more appealing than others e.g. our Suite 102 and those rooms that are upstairs and facing the pool and/or the tree-lined street. Some rooms are less appealing e.g. Suite 118 and those rooms that look onto the carpark, particularly those that are downstairs and have a close-up view of a rusted (prematurely aged) corrugated iron fence that provides privacy but, in my books, would be claustrophobic and far from appealing. Breakfast was included in the price. It was OK- limited and exactly the same for the three mornings. Providing paper plates and plastic cups and cutlery, in the breakfast area and in the kitchen area our suite, is one environmentally insensitive and tacky, rather than quirky, aspect of the Gonzo Inn that I wish management would reconsider.
Would I stay at the Gonzo Inn again? Yes, because I like its location (in town and just off of Main Street) and its uniqueness, but I would next time, book direct, rather than through an agency, and I would be particular about the room type and location.

Room Tip: near the front of the complex, e.g Suite 102 or second floor with side street or pool (not parking lot) views
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We stayed here in September, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The bed was very comfortable, the sheets were higher quality than average, the decor was interesting and fun, and the room was a restful place to return to after hiking and exploring. Fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room, plus complementary breakfast starting at 6:30.We would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple