2,051 results
All reviews union square great location cable car valet parking powell st junior suite boutique hotel the heart of the city central location quiet room street noise rooms are small bart station around the corner fisherman's wharf kuletos lobby
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cuisine best of the best - fine food, good taste, cleanliness, fine treatment. Mr. Fabio Fresquet - Chef de cuisine of first world! "1.000%". Problem at the hotel happened with the wifi - no contact in the room - good in bathroom(!), lobby and even at neighbors(!). Bathroom: not quite comfortable.

Stayed: September 2018
Luis B, Front Office Manager at Villa Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Rui,

Thank you for your review, I'm excited to read about your experience at Bar Struzzo and how Fabio was able to make your experience more enjoyable. I would like to apologies for the experience you had with our Wifi and restroom setup. We really hope you give us another chance in the near future.

Luis B.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We go to SF all the time, and had never stayed at the Villa Florence before. But it was a ver y welcome surprise!

First off it is literally 1/2 block from Union Square on Powell street. So the location is great. The ONLY reason I would give it 4 and not 5 stars is that the street scene directly in front of the hotel isn’t great. But once you step inside that is all forgotten.

The wine bar is lovely

We did not avail ourselves of the breakfast brunch but it looked very very nice.

Our king room was very nicely appointed and MICH larger than I anticipated. Plus being an older building, the doors are solid and the room was very quiet.

We will definitely stay here again. A lovely new find.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Luis B, Manager at Villa Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello John B

Thank you for such a compassionate review. At the Villa Florence, we pride ourselves on upholding the integrity of our historic building and sincerely appreciate that all of our hard work made an impact on your stay. We look forward to having you in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

hotel is in great location, you can just walk down to market and get the cable car to go to Fisherman's wharf and walk to pier 33 along market

the rooms were of good size for the two of us
don't be alarmed by the homeless folks hanging around, it is quite sad to see but area is safe
I would recommend going to Delfina's pizza for dinner (good pizza ) and it is on California Street
also, Top of the Mark was a lovely spot to have a cocktail and see the city up high

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
LuisB4712, Front Office Manager at Villa Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Hello Livingstone120,

Thank you for the wonderful review, I apricate the personal remarks about safety and the surrounding area. If you come back to the city please book with us directly.

Luis

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Beautiful building & very clean. Problems I had, phone didn't work, mini bar never got restocked but they charged me everyday as if I was reusing the mini bar & no room service available. The maid service was spectacular! The location was perfect to get around. Would have been great if the front desk staff were familiar with the trolley and subway services for the guests. And the weekday bartender was AWFUL!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hello Jill,

Thank you so much for the review, If you have a moment I would like to follow up on your Bar/Hotel experience. I would like all departments to be as spectacular as our maid service. You can reach me at Luis.bedolla@villaflorence.com

Luis

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

A historic building with recent updates. The rooms (well the one I had) aren’t huge but they definitely fit meet the need. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. There were some minor things, like one of the faucets in my bathroom needed repair and the toilet space was very narrow but nothing that would prevent me from staying there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Hello BradleyEss

Thank you for your nice comment about your stay at our hotel. This has been passed on with our maintenance team, and we hope that you will stay will us in the future.