US$383
US$216
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$285/night.

US$223
US$197
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$286/night.

US$356
US$342
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$414/night.

US$274
US$296
US$205
Official Site
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

US$340
US$290
US$282
US$273
4,322 results
All reviewshistoric sectionunion squaredaily grill restaurantpremier sectiongreat locationolder partpremier roombreakfast voucherso'farrell streetcable carheated poolbreakfast was includedour honeymoonhop on hoptravel agentstayed here for nightscentral location
Reviewed 1 May 2018

With tickets in hand to see the Dodgers play the Giants we stumbled across this charming hotel in San Francisco. Our stay was nothing short of excellent. Our nice suite seemed large by SF standards, was clean, comfortable, quiet, and recently renovated. It must have been a slow weekend because they had upgraded us which was just a great touch.

We had a package deal that included parking which you must take into consideration when staying in the city. I am not sure of the pricing otherwise but when taken into comparison with most other hotels in the area I found this to be quite the bargain. That being said, it is not a bargain hotel in that the quality was very nice. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly. There was one problem with the room that was quickly addressed by the helpful front desk.

The bed was very comfortable and while I would have liked some bigger pillows they were the right balance between hard/soft and gave me the support that I needed. I slept like a champion with no disturbances. In the morning I was pleasantly surprised to find the shower to have quite a nice flow which was just one more checked box on the experience.

We didnt eat there so I cannot comment on the food/dining available. When I come back to the city I will not hesitate to stay here again!!! Cheers to a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Panther5150
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We booked a petite double and though small it was perfectly adequate. Great location. Short walk to the Bart Station and Cable Car Stop. Only negative was noisy air conditioning. Good value for money in an expensive city.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SydneyThompsons
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I are currently staying at The Handlery. We checked in last night. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. I don't mind the small rooms, and enjoy the old mail drop boxes around the hotel. However, as much as I love all of these things, when I am forced to wake up at 6:45 am due to what sounds like a saw, I have to reconsider everything I thought about this hotel. We have a very full day ahead of us, and I get to start the day off with a massive headache. What a shame.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank MyrandaDawn
HandleryHotelsMgr, Owner at Handlery Union Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Myranda Dawn,
Thank you for your feedback and unfortunately we don't have control on the construction work on the corner. I have reached out to the contractor to perform their work during the day but it has not been something they want to do. Since you are in the hotel please check with our front desk as we can get you moved to a room on the inside. I'm pleased you like our hotel and I will mention your feedback to the contractor.

Jon S. Handlery
President, Handlery Hotels

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Hotel is in a great location, it is a little dated but is good value for money. We only stayed for 3 nights and the hotel and staff were all very good. No complaints, i would stay here again if I visit San Fran

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawes2211
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We (2 adults, 3 kids ages 10, 9 and 5) stayed at the Handlery in a family suite for 4 nights over Spring Break. We chose the Handlery for its central location and let's be honest, the kids need a pool and they are few and far between in San Fran.

The Handlery has seen some renovation but our section of the hotel was definitely vintage. We had 2 rooms separated by a door. 2 twin beds and a pullout couch in one room and a full sized bed in the other. One closet was large, but the other could barely fit a suitcase. And another closet had been "converted" to a sink/mirror room. The room itself was reasonably clean but my husband and I would have foregone the nightstand next to the full size bed for at least a queen bed. The bathroom was really small and could really use a face lift, but since we were out sightseeing most of the time, the hotel met our needs pretty well.

The Daily Grill bar/restaurant at the hotel was really good with great service (in fact, my husband was itching to have dinner there a second night), and we also enjoyed a dinner at Tratto in the Marker Hotel a block away as well as breakfast a few mornings from Daniel's Cafe.

The kids had fun at the pool daily, and we appreciated the convenience of the nearby Walgreen's, Starbucks and a cable car stop. We did a ton of walking -- all the way from North Beach to Union Square with a 5yo up and down hills! -- and caught the major sights: Alcatraz, a WildSF Foodie tour (highly recommend!), Lombard Street, Twin Peaks, the Wharf, cable car etc.

On the downside: it had been a good 10 years since my husband and I visited San Francisco for fun, but I would echo some of the sentiment I've read here on TA in that the city really has a challenging homeless problem. We live in Chicago so our kids are accustomed, but SFO around Union Square and the Wharf take it to a whole different level. One day around 10am, my husband was waiting on the sidewalk with our kids while I grabbed coffees. He ended up ushering the kids back inside the coffee shop because a man was hollering profanities up and down the street and a conflict seemed likely to ensue. So that was unfortunate.

In retrospect while we were glad to do the Union Square location for the kids' first trip and the Handlery was a good choice, when we explored other neighborhoods like Haight Ashbury and Cole Valley, they were so much cleaner and felt much safer, so next time we'd probably forego the Union Square location for a rental in a more residential neighborhood.

The last thing that was rather memorable about the SFO trip were the frequent wafts of weed everywhere you went. On our last night at the hotel, we came back to some serious pot smoke. And by no means are we the judgmental type and have had our fair share back in the day, but this was to the point of the kids asking, eyes watering, needing to open windows and as a result, we called security. After all, it is a non-smoking hotel. We appreciated the quick response, opened the windows and had a good laugh about it later.

A word to the wise on parking: we had a vehicle with us for our stay and parking can get expensive very quickly in the city. Instead of using the hotel valet, we SpotHero'ed at the Mason-O'Farrell garage around the corner, had in-and-out privileges and saved quite a bit.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family