4,029 results
All reviews anzu restaurant imperial floor petite queen imperial club union square health club indoor pool per night fitness center an upgrade tenderloin business center mini bar homeless people cable car market street upon check
Reviewed 27 July 2015

We were a family of 5 in 2 separate rooms. The hotel was a great base to explore San Francisco- we stayed for three nights. The rooms were adequate in size, good spec, very comfortable beds and clean, modern bathrooms with lovely toiletries. We didn't try the restaurants as we ate out. Fantastic lifts- really fast and never full. Staff were helpful and the gym and pool were as you would expect in this standard hotel. However I wouldn't expect to have to pay $25 per room to use the gym when the room rates were already high! Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. One thing to note is that the hotel is right on the edge of the Tenderloin- a dodgy area where you do not want to go! This is fine as long as you know where it is and avoid it.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Susie C
NikkoGal, Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Hi Susie C,

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that your family enjoyed its visit to San Francisco and was comfortable staying at Hotel Nikko. We hope to host you again the next time you visit the Bay Area!

Cheers,

Reviewed 27 July 2015

There is a reason I keep returning to the Hotel Nikko in San Francisco. Actually there are many reasons but the outstanding one is the extreme beauty and friendliness of this hotel. As the ad says.."all the comforts of home if you are staying in a 4 star hotel"

The hotel is so elegant and welcoming in its décor. I choose an Imperial Room on the 24th floor which has an amazing view of the city and the Bay. The room is immaculate. Before I leave for the day, I press a button to have my room made up. Don't you hate coming back to a room still unmade? When I return the lights are dimmed, there is chocolates and a scented weaved pouch waiting for me on my turned down bed and soft music playing. The new feature added is a Navigator on the desk which looks like a laptop computer and you can access weather, hotel information, attractions in the city, general information and much more. The Imperial Room gives you access to the Executive Club Room where a delicious breakfast buffet awaits you, Access to newspapers, internet, large size tv and lots of space for meeting friends or business associates. There is also a wine and cheese spread at 5pm with dim sum!!

The hotel has a giant indoor swimming pool, a health club, a famous Cabaret Room FEINSTEINS, a beautiful restaurant and so much more.

The staff is beyond friendly. Luis Enriquez greets you at the Club Room and simply cannot do enough for you. It's very clear from conversations that he is beloved by the guests. Theresa the concierge is full of information and assistance and a maid I met Xiabing Fang always remembers me with a big hug.

The location is perfect. Steps away from Market Street and cable cars and subway and buses. and department stores.

NEWS: I was totally surprised that the hotel will be closed between December and March to make it EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL!!! I have seen hotels in dire need of renovations but not this one.I can't wait to see what they have done.

Yes..I am totally booked for next July 2016 with the hopes of a Fall visit.

I love this hotel and you will too. A wonderful experience....and no, I do not work for this hotel :)..............I just appreciate the excellence, the secure feeling and the pride going in and out each day I am there.

Room Tip: Go for the Imperial Room if you can but any room would be ideal
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank dude49

Hi dude49,

Wow, what a great review! Thank you for taking the time to repeatedly share your fantastic experiences at Hotel Nikko with others! It is clear that our staff loves and appreciates you as you do them: I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Luis, Theresa, and Xiabing! Please let us know the next dates you'll be visiting-- we can't wait to host you again!

Warmly,

Reviewed 25 July 2015

The service we received from everyone in the hotel was outstanding. Everyone that worked at Nikko went out of there way to serve you. Our room was on the 23 floor, we had a great view. Our room was very clean, and we had a large room, the bed was very comfortable. We loved the location of it. You didn't have to go very far to get the street car. The breakfast buffet was out of this world,same with the service. We used the pool every day, it was always clean and the towels were easy to get to. We were at Nikko for 4 days, there wasn't anything that we didn't like. If we ever stay in San Francisco again I will pick the Nikko to stay at.

Room Tip: We were in the Impural Suite 23 floor Wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Hi Kathy W,

Wow, what a great review! I'm so glad our hotel and staff made such a great impression. We are very proud of our Union Square location and excellent service. Please let us know the next time you'll be visiting San Francisco-- we would love the chance to impress you again!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2015

My husband and I, along with my bestie and her husband stayed at Hotel Nikko for a quick jaunt down to SF from Seattle. We enjoyed our stay, but there were a couple of things... 1. The rooms are MUCH smaller than you think they are going to be and (I know it's weird to mention this, but) the self cleaning toilet was loud and random. 2 The lounge which looks ah-mazing online LOOKS ah-mazing in person, but the hours are inconsistent. Okay, now for the pluses: The check in process and people at the front desk were wonderful! Not to mention the concierge, with whom we steadily checked in, were (there were multiples) VERY helpful. Overall, my husband said he would definitely stay here again, but I'm not 100% sure.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheryl B

Hi Sheryl B,

What a great review. We always appreciate specific comments like the ones you left for us, and we have taken note! I'm so glad you found our front desk and concierge staff to be helpful, and enjoyed the hotel over all. Please let me know when you're headed to San Francisco again-- we would love the chance to impress you!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Our family of 5 found this to be the nicest hotel we have ever stayed at. We have three children (14,12,8) and they absolutely loved the pool, very bright for a downtown hotel pool. In the pool area, there is a locker room stocked with fresh towels and a sauna and steam room. Everything was super clean... we were in the pool area each of our three days and I always saw an attendant tidying the area. As for the room itself, ours was bigger than average as was the bathroom. Beds were very comfortable and the shower was glass-enclosed. We also thought the lobby area had a cool vibe; cucumber water was a nice touch. We found many options for coffee and bakery in the area. It was also convenient to public transit... however, as in any big city, be careful walking the area at night. MANY homeless people sleeping in Union Square storefronts made us feel unsafe when walking home after a late-night cable car ride. I hope we will be lucky enough to stay at this hotel again!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
NikkoGal, Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2015

Dear Anna D,

What a great review! I'm so glad Hotel Nikko impressed you and your family. We would be thrilled to host you again on your next visit to San Francisco!

Danielle Ortega