All reviews cable car cyril magnin apple tv the cafe downstairs great location union square filtered water powell st modern hotel hotel door powell bart station central location westfield mall games room market street key card great amenities
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Decent hotel but bare bones. Don't have standard things I'm used to like mini bar, water bottles, coffee maker. Also gym doesn't have much equipment. Hotel bar closes early.

Dinner ends at 9pm and no 24/hr room service. Not much selection. No wine and beer selection printed out and tells you to "ask them" for the choices.

18% service charge for room service

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I had excellent, friendly service at the front desk and especially the cafe. Even my dumb internet access questions were solved. The whole team hustles. Axiom has a great central location, close to every form of transit, all at a fair price. Most important to me, Axiom is truly green—it’s not just a superficial marketing thing. We all need to support sustainable businesses!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank WillNB
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at Axiom Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Hi WillNB,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us at Axiom Hotel San Francisco. We're pleased to read that you received exceptional service from our team members and appreciate your recommendations to our upcoming guests on our fantastic location. We look forward to your return and meeting all your expectations once again.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a really convenient location - ignore the front door and go out the back entrance by the coffee area and you're at the Powell cable car turnaround, with a Muni station a minute walk away.

The room was nice - very small as expected for a city location - but quiet (ask for a quiet high room to avoid the street/cable car noise). Lovely lemongrass toiletries including hair conditioner and a really nice big shower area. The bed is very comfortable and the in room safe is handy with an internal light. Superb WiFi speeds as well.

A bit of a lack of reception presence - we phoned a few times before giving up and going down to reception in person. And they can't change big notes as you'd expect in most hotels. But those are just very minor niggles and I'd stay in this hotel again. The staff were all very nice and helpful. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

HI JTM1705,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your experience with us at Axiom Hotel San Francisco. As always, we are happy to hear that our convenient location came in handy for exploring all of the city's attractions and we appreciate your comments on the attention to detail of our accommodations. We've shared your additional comments with the team so we may take any opportunity to improve and look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back for another visit!

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I find that SF has a real dearth of interesting hotel options. I usually stay at the St. Francis, and thought I would try Axiom. Big mistake.

Location is right by the Powell Street Tram station. Which means SUPER noisy from very early to very late. Bells ringing, people, musicians playing on Market. In addition to that, every morning someone started playing Bryan Adams in the hallway (6th floor) at 7.00a. The rooms offer little in the way of soundproofing (old double glazed windows dont do the trick). And, I could hear the iPhone alarm in the next room.

The cold tap in the bathroom sink didnt work. I mean, it turned, but no cold water came out. Given that housekeeping is in there daily, this should not need to be pointed out.

Also, there is no restaurant to speak of. There is a coffee stand on the ground floor that guests order in-room from. I ordered avocado toast with fried eggs for breakfast; it came in a paper bag, and with boiled eggs instead of fried. To boot, the guy who delivered them to me told me that the gratuity is 'the first' gratuity, and that it doesnt go to the staff. I called the restaurant and was advised that, indeed, it does go to the staff. I informed him - but I suspect that he probably tries the same line on most guests.

The staff seem well-meaning, but wholly untrained. No interaction when you see someone in the corridor or the elevator. And, when I asked about a late checkout, I was informed that it was $25 per 30 minutes; that there is a discount of $75 until 3p; and, ultimately, nothing was available today as the property was fully booked.

This hotel caters to tourists due to its central location (which is actually a real disadvantage bacuse of the noise and area's seediness). I'll continue to search for a hotel that gets the basics right in downtown; the Axiom definitely aint it.

Room tip: Dont stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at Axiom Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Hi StephanosK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us in downtown San Francisco. We are very concerned at some of your comments regarding the service you received during your stay, as they are not typical of the usual feedback we receive from our guests. The team has already followed up to address the challenges you mentioned with the tap water temperature in your guestroom, please accept our apologies for the discrepancy you encountered. The unfortunate issues from The Turn Cafe, which offers full restaurant service in our lobby, mezzanine and guestrooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner are being re-trained to avoid any recurrence. Our Front Desk team strives to review room options (i.e., interior/quiet & exterior/city view) and guest preferences with each arrival to ensure an ideal experience. We have already emailed you directly, though please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We visited the Axiom hotel with our family of 6, 2 adults 2 teenagers and 8 and 6 year old.
The location is perfect its right in front of the cable car turn point, if you get up early in the morning (very easy when you are jet lagged) you don't have to queue for the cable cart.
the hotel has some really good chill out zones for kids and teenagers and a good bar where you can order some nice snacks.
Breakfast was very good.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 224barryc
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at Axiom Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hi Barry C,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us at Axiom Hotel San Francisco. We see you were able to take advantage of our perfect location and are glad you had the opportunity to explore our public space and dining options. The team looks forward to your return and meeting all your expectations once again.