1,918 results
All reviews bay bridge ferry building americano restaurant circular suite waterfront room urban studio farmers market slanted door room service mission street bath products the financial district city view excellent location hotel restaurant luxury hotel comfortable rooms
Reviewed 7 November 2018

The hotel has a very good possition near of some famous things in SF. The hotel is near the San Francisco Bay, opposite Alcatraz, near the Fishermans wharf and within walking distance of the central part of SF. Try to ask for an upper floor in the hotel.
The hotel itself is austere, the rooms themselves are large and clean. We had a breakfast every day, a choice of 4 menus or on request. Good for business trips.

Room tip: Rooms on higher floor have a better look on the Bay. The hotel itself is austere, the rooms themselves are large and clean.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelVitaleJDV, Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Lipacik,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay at Hotel Vitale. We are very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable and memorable experience in San Francisco!

I hope your next stay with us is just around the corner. We look forward to the honor of welcoming you back at Hotel Vitale!

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here numerous times and love it . The location and views are perfect . Restaurant and bar is excellent. Service is pleasant and unobtrusive . Rooms comfortable and have everything you need ( including a regular mini fridge, not one of those spring loaded deals which I hate ).
Always my first choice for a stay in SF.

Trip type: Travelled solo
HotelVitaleJDV, Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Tracey R,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! It is great to hear you found our room was nicely appointed and our staff was helpful and were able to assist with your need. Your business is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a three night stay in this small hotel within walking distance of AT&T Park. Staff was welcoming and helpful, morning coffee in the lobby and a patio to enjoy drinks in pleasant weather. We will definitely go back.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear jhelena2014,

We look forward to the honor of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

The room I had was nicely sized - with a lovely view of the Bay Bridge - but there's definitely furniture wear and tear. Some of the fabric on the desk chair had worn down to the cushion, the wood veneer on the furniture was showing some battle scars due to a lot of use from guests who don't treat things as well as they could. I wish the windows opened to access fresh air because if the AC wasn't operating, I noted a stale odor in the room.

I didn't see any outlets adjacent to the bed, so I was unable to charge my phone, etc. while keeping those gadgets close to me when laying in bed. WiFi and wired internet is included, there's an onsite exercise facility, restaurant and the entire staff was kind and helpful. The room works well for relaxing and working, with plenty of space for both.

I found the fragrance they use in the lobby and bar area to be overpowering, it reminded me of the smell of Old Spice. Fortunately that didn't permeate into the guest room. The room itself and hallways are attractive and quiet and the location works well for walking to business appointments, tourist attractions and restaurants - with easy access to public transport.

I'm glad I had an opportunity to visit and appreciate the help of the reception desk representative who took time to show me a couple of room options.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
HotelVitaleJDV, Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear david_k001,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is great to hear you found our room was nicely appointed and our staff was helpful and were able to assist with your need. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property next year.
We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.

With much appreciation,

Reviewed 22 October 2018

The Hotel Vitale is a great boutique hotel located in an ideal location in San Francisco. The hotel is right on the Embarcadero - right across from the Ferry building, near Bart, close to downtown, and close to many other restaurants, The restaurant in the hotel itself is fantastic as well with delicious breakfast options and a great happy hour/dinner.

The rooms themselves are perfectly comfortable. It is definitely not a 5 star hotel with the amenities, but everything is quite nice and well appointed. The bathrooms have good product and there are multiple outlets in the room. The gym itself is quite small but has good equipment and you can also use the great YMCA nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelVitaleJDV, Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Keith R,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay at Hotel Vitale. We are very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable and memorable experience. We will certainly share with our team your kind comments. We are delighted to learn you felt taken care of and the location was superb.

We hope that you will choose Hotel Vitale when travel plans bring you back to San Francisco, and we look forward to the honor of welcoming you back.