“Excellent breakfast and dinner”
Review of Cafe Mason

Cafe Mason
Ranked #456 of 6,004 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Description: Open 24/7, Cafe Mason in San Francisco specializes in fresh, homemade dishes of various cuisines. Come see why anytime is a good time at Cafe Mason.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We like to try new places, but enjoyed breakfast so much, we had dinner there our last night in town. With breakfast you get to choose from potatoes, fruit or spiced broiled tomato, no up charges. Sure is nice to have choices like this when traveling. The standard breakfast gets old. I had the tomato and it was great. The service was just what you want: prompt, just the right amount of attention. The dinners were excellent and where else can you get a full dinner for under $20 near Union Square? They did not serve bread with the meal which is fine with me - I eat too much of it anyway.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for a quick bite. Unfortunately they don’t offer half portions as I’ve got used to ordering in the States.

I ordered vegetarian quesadilla - arrived quickly and it was yum. Comes with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Don't let the view of the street and a parking garage put you off. Both the service and the food were very good. I wish we had time to return; I would have ordered the chicken fettuccini alfredo again. My husband also enjoyed his seafood stew (there was a fancier name but I forgot it).

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I come to San Francisco about four times a year. Always looking for something new and not afraid to try a different place. I looked at the reviews for Cafe Mason and thought I'd try it. Decided on take out. Extremely friendly staff. Chose the Chicken Piccata. Awesome. The chicken was so perfectly cooked and juicy. Came with vegetables and starch. I normally don't like green beans and their's were al dente and delicious. The tased potatoes were also good. It was fun to see a diner...yes, tables and a counter with stools. Reminded me of something from a movie set! So glad I tried this place. Very affordable and good.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Dropped in for a quick breakfast - one for pancakes (at least 5 versions on offer), one for crepes (with seafood, though they have about a dozen versions). It was really good and price was reasonable.