“Good food but not sure I'd stand in line for it as many did.”
Review of Pinecrest Diner

Pinecrest Diner
Ranked #308 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Husband had breakfast, I had lunch. My tuna salad was a large portion. Husband liked his breakfast and coffee. Service was excellent. There are so many restaurants in the area, I'm not sure any are worth standing in line for, but that's a matter of personal preference. This place is very well known and you might want to go there just to say you did.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had expected to wait to be seated and it was shorter than we had anticipated (about 15-20 mins on a sat around 09.30am)

The atmosphere was buzzing and the service was friendly and attentive . Portions were really big and the food was delicious . Coffee was really tasty and I enjoyed a glass of champagne (which was super cheap)

Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here for lunch, the staff are friendly and food was great. Would recommend for a quick bite to eat, and the Denver omelette was delicious.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Portion sizes are massive!

I went here with friends and we all over ordered like crazy. Prices were so good we thought the portions would surely be small but we were wrong.

I got a Caesar salad and a half portion of Mac n cheese. The salad could have served two people (I barely touched it, even though it was delicious) because my Mac n cheese half portion filled me up. The Mac n cheese was delicious!!!

Onion rings were yum and so were the loaded fries.

Wouldn’t recommend the hash browns unless you have a tonne of salt.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Great little old school diner run by a family for many many years. Lots of choice on the menu, delicious food and very very quick service. Great vibe and very friendly staff. Price is reasonable.