“Casual atmosphere, excellent food, excellent view”

Mersea Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 5,778 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Neighbourhood: Treasure Island
Description: “Come for the view, Stay for the food”! Breath-taking, panoraic views of SanFrancisco, Golden-Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and Bay Bridge! Built out of shipping containers, providing “comfort-casual” food created by renown SF Executive chef Parke Ulrich (Waterbar and Epic Steak), who partnered with tech entrepreneur MeeSun Boice to build a “destination restaurant” that has its own putting green, bocce courts and corn-hole game. Upcycled and repurposed pallets for outside seating and herb garden, tables from old Treasure Island bowling alley lanes and doors from the military kitchen!
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

This place is not to be missed! Such a cool, casual atmosphere, excellent view, and amazing food! We were looking for a casual atmosphere before our Alcatraz tour and I’m so glad we made sure to hit this little spot.

A few mentioned confusion at the process—as first timers we were a bit confused at first. You order everything at the bar and water/condiments are outside and self-serve. But the staff and owners are so friendly and let us know what to do.

It’s no surprise they are ranked #1–this is a definite favorite and we will return on any future trips to SF.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (356)

Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

My Friends have dined here many times before, but it was my first time. I’m really happy they picked Mersea!!! The three things I look for when dining out, great food, great staff and when possible comfortable and great location. All three were exceeded. The food was wonderful! Well prepared, nicely presented, and delicous. The servings are more than ample. We had fish and chicken tacos, pizza, and french fries. This was preceeded by a nice Lagunitas IPA on tap. The beer offerings were wonderful and diverse. Staff, you could not ask for more. The young man who took our orders was very professional, friendly, helped us make our lunch selections, and pulls a nice glass of IPA. Before our visit, a staff person named Lauren, helped me answer a few questions I had by email in a complete and speedy manner. She even came out to say hello and make sure everything was up to our expectations. The co-owner MeeSun visited every table to greet the guests and ensure everything was excellent. She was a very warm, knowledegable, and excellent host. BTW, the location is out of this world. It offers one of the best view of the City you could ask for. The food was excellent, I could not have asked for more. The staff were very friendly, attentive and professional. The location unbeatable. All COVID-19 precautions were taken, tables well spaced out, restrooms clean and and for use by oner persona at a time. Staff wore facemasks and gloves with clean aprons and hair covering. You could not have asked for more. I intend to bring my Wife to dine here in the future. I’m a City Boy and Mersea is worth the short drive to Treasure Island. Parking is easier than in the neighborhoods and downtown. The views are worth it too. HERE’S MY FAVORITE PART OF MERSEA. We struck up a conversation with the party at the next table. When their food arrived one of the guests shared a small cup of her cioppino with us. That does not happen at just any restaurant. It takes a special staff and set up an establishment that makes all of their guests feel welcome and comfortable. There are bocci courts, a small putting green, and I’m sure other amenities that I missed. Taking a walk along the seawall looking at the breathtaking view of the City I love is also a real plus. We even ended our day with a refreshment and nice conversation with MeeSun. Obviously, I highly recommend this restaurant. Great food, wam and casual atmosphere, friendly staff, well stocked bar. This is an order at the counter establishment, not a place where your order is taken and you are served. Asking the staff to fetch your drinks is not cool. Respect yourself and the staff. I guess you can tell, we plan to be returning very soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2021

Great place for a nice casual lunch. Views of SF are fantastic. Over several visits we've had the fish & chips, tacos, pizza and chowder. But I'll come back (always!) for the fish & chips. The setting is fun; great use of old shipping containers. The staff is friendly, courteous, and professional. Meesun (the owner) greets every table to make sure your meal is satisfactory. You can tell the hard work she and her team do to make every meal a special one.
Totally recommend for any special occasion or just because you want a good lunch!

Reviewed 8 June 2021

Great spot with incredible views. The food was so good as well - I am dreaming of that chowder still. Great beer selection and nice cocktails too. The owner stopped by and was super-nice and funny and even gave us a deck of custom playing cards. I cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank MatthewPechman
Reviewed 6 June 2021

The food was absolutely incredible! Highly recommend the fries and fish tacos. Restaurant is in a prime location where you can view the city of SF. Absolutely breath taking! Will definitely be eating here the next time I ever visit SF!

1  Thank 550tarynr