1,087 results
All reviews bay bridge ferry building great location rooms are small exposed brick giants game executive suite restaurant downstairs farmers market bay view room turn down service room service comfortable bed financial district valet parking front desk staff easy access
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first stay at Hotel Griffon and it definitely won’t be my last. Great location across from the Ferry Building & within walking distance to many attractions. The staff go out of their way to be nice & truly make you feel welcome. The restaurant has very good food and the bartenders are so nice!! Loved my room even though my window had a view of the outside wall but I chose not to pay more for a view so I was okay with that. Room was very comfortable & housekeeping is excellent. Turn down service with chocolates every night! Great coffee/tea in the mornings along with fruit. Can’t wait to come back next year! Thank you to the staff for an amazing stay!

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
Brian B, General Manager at Hotel Griffon - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

This just warms our hearts about your stay here at Hotel Griffon. I will share your experience with the team and we will be truly happy when you come back to see us again soon. Lets keep in touch!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room was very nicely appointed, with adequate space, but no view (Room 316). They have done a nice job of squeezing bathrooms into each room, where there used to be common bathrooms serving all the rooms on a given floor. Having the sink in the bedroom took a little getting used to, but OK. Hotel staff very nice. Perry's was great.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends

Hey There,

Thank you for staying with us. We do what we can to try to make our cozy rooms accommodating to all of our guests. Of course each room is modified differently. In the future when you stay with us again, give us a call and we can recommend an amazing room to seek your needs on your next stay. Lets keep in touch and see you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is indeed a wonderful boutique hotel...location (on the bay), staff, amenities are impeccable.
Having stayed many times in various rooms, we have discovered each room is different...each charming...Having several restaurants within walking distance is a bonus.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good...each an individual delight...
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business

I am super happy with the experience you have received from us. We really do appreciate your loyalty. I will share your experience with the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For many years I walked the Bay to Breakers in San Francisco. Would walk past the Hotel Griffon and thought it looked like a great boutique hotel. Decided to make reservations here for my husbands birthday. We spent to day in our favorite SF neighborhoods, eat at our favorite restaurants and spent a pleasant night at the Griffon

Room Tip: Don't know if any of the rooms have the bay view, but that would be great
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Sharron,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us and happy belated to the hubby! Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely, clean, quiet boutique hotel in a fabulous location near the Ferry Building, at a very reasonable rate. The room was tiny but had everything I needed and was perfectly adequate for a one night stay. Food and service at adjacent Perry's restaurant were excellent. Front desk staff were super helpful and friendly. Coffee, tea and fresh fruit in the lobby were a nice bonus. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to stay with us. I am glad you loved the location, the room and services we provided. Please come back and see us again soon if you are in the area.