All reviews frenchman's bay continental breakfast heated salt water pool yogurt acadia national park saw deer hard boiled eggs two sinks free island every half hour island explorer bus floor room drive into town nice pool shuttle bus first floor would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We had a 4th floor room with a balcony overlooking the Bay. It was delightful to sit out there. Check-in was easy, with very friendly and helpful staff. A free shuttle bus ran from the hotel to downtown Bar Harbor every half hour which was great. We only had breakfast at the hotel on one occasion and it was a typical hotel breakfast. The location is great as it it just a short ride up to the top of Cadillac Mountain. We appreciated this when we decided to see the sunrise from the top of the mountain.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We had a 3rd floor room with a gorgeous view. Comfy beds and amenities. Nice balcony for enjoying our morning coffee. The best part was eating our fried clam dinner (purchased from West St. Grill at the recc. of front desk staff) in front of the sliders with a million dollar view of the Bay. Our grandkids used the pool and the big field next to it to play frisbee. A perfect stop to sample Bar Harbor!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

It was our first visit to Bar Harbor. We selected this property based on the feedback, pricing and availability. We enjoyed our room. It is a simple room. It was clean and comfortable. We stayed on the 3rd floor and spent a lot of time on the balcony overlooking the bay. Breakfast wasn't fancy, but we didn't walk away hungry. Pool area is very nice. Everyone was very pleasant. Thanks for a nice stay.

Room Tip: Book a higher room for the best view. Elevator in the center of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We did not book this room until we reached Bar Harbor. It sits on a hill overloiking Frenchmen's Bay and our 4th floor room did have a great view. All rooms are outside entry with one elevator near lobby. Checkin was smooth and people friendly. Room was dated and nothing but adequate. I dislike rooms that have the bathroom sink in the sleeping part of the room. No one should be awakened by a blaring hairdryer. It is just weird! Water pressure in the shower was non existent. There was a balcony: however neighbors are in plain sight and when sitting in chairs you cannot see through the railing or talk to one another due to the very noisy air conditioner. Breakfast was the usual packaged pastries from the local 7-11 and jar fruit from Costco. All in all the room is not worth the $210 price which was advertised at $187.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Springerlvr02
Reviewed 11 July 2018

I spent 2 nights at this hotel over the 4th of July weekend. I had a 2nd floor room with a balcony overlooking Frenchman's Bay. The views were absolutely beautiful - we watched the sunset over the bay and the boats coming and going. The whole place is quiet and peaceful. The location is great. The Island Explorer bus stops at this hotel and its a quick ride into downtown. For me this is a huge plus because parking downtown can be difficult. The rooms and entire facility is very clean. My room had been recently updated and everything was in excellent condition. Rooms are simple but have everything you need. The pool is heated and very pretty - you can see the bay from the pool area also. There are pretty flower plantings throughout the property. The hotel is very dog friendly. I did not bring my dogs but there is a water bowl outside always filled with fresh ice water, a dog bed in the lobby and leash holders in the breakfast area outside. The breakfast is simple continental but nice. They have waffles you can toast, hard boiled eggs, fruit and yogurt along with the usual cereals and bagels and muffins and such. I was pleased. Overall I felt this hotel was an excellent value. I read the reviews before booking. One of the reviews mentioned peeling paint. There was some peeling paint on some of the outside railings but I attribute it to being exposed to the salty sea air. Overall the building and rooms are very well maintained. There are brand new Amana heat/cooling units throughout the property and everything is very clean and well maintained. There is also a coin laundry but I did not use it. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family