All reviews soi restaurant aqua restaurant lobby lounge thai food management team floor to ceiling windows alfredo view of tumon bay f b room condition rooms are comfortable beach bar noodles breakfast buffet server alana guam
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We arrived late at the hotel because they refused to accomodate our early check in request and we arrived at 700am so naturally we didnt have enough sleep. This we have also requested before coming in because Hilton or other 5star hotel will always allow an early check in . So my daughter and I decided to go around the mall first to kill time and later after checking in at 700pm we had dinner at their Soi Thai restaurant. We left our shopping bags with the concierge which gave us the wrong bags that they brought to our room, we then asked them that it was the wrong bags and to please come up with our bags. They did after 2 hours, We were so dead tired that evening for lack of sleep that i felt dizzy just to freshen up and changed to my sleeping clothes. WE both fell fast asleep, right away. At 1100pm past i heard several knocks on the door but i wasnt feeling well because of fatigue and was too sleepy to even get up and answer it. The knocks were so persistent and urgent that its like there is no tomorrow!!!Because for God sake, they will not stop and for two hours had kept knocking and bothering us. Not the littlest respect and decency to let us sleep....Such case of bad, really bad training when it comes to their personnel who has proven to be so insensitive and lack of consideration to their guests. I will never come back to Dusit, Its not 5star, that they claimed to be, the asthethic of this hotel will never make up for the lack of training and good sense of their staff...Its definitely not even 4star in terms of standards and quality of their staff...even their rooms lack the amenities it should provide, even toiletries are of poor quality. In terms of services Dusit Thani failed miserably....there are a lot better hotels nearby like Hyatt and Westin...Dusit? No way!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd
3  Thank ellenr670
DTGU8888, General Manager at Dusit Thani Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear ellenr670,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent visit to Dusit Thani Guam Resort. I have spoken to our Front Office Management team regarding your request for early check-in and I am sorry this was a setback during your stay. Kindly note for future reference that there are additional charges for early check-in and late checkout. I do apologize for the mixup with your bags as well but I am happy to know that the right ones were retrieved and brought to your room. Furthermore, I can certainly empathize with you about the knocking on your door so late in the evening and again extend my apologies for the unwarranted interrruption.

I hope that in some way you will consider visiting our property again so that we may show you a proper five star welcome and much improved level of service that you expected.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Alfredo's at Dusit Thani for our unplanned date night.
We had a spectacular night.
The ambience was great, elegant and romantic. The service was perfect and our waitress was so professional. I usually don't eat raw meat but I had to try the wagyu carpaccio after listening to a very detailed and mouth watering explanation by the wait staff. It was fantastic. I enjoyed every bite of it. My husband and I also shared a bottle of wine that was recommended. It paired really well w the dish we had. We received an excellent and very attentive service.
Thank you for your great service and I'm sorry that I can't remember your name.

Stayed: April 2017
DTGU8888, General Manager at Dusit Thani Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Woonjeong,

It is wonderful news that you enjoyed your date night here at Alfredo's. Thank you for taking the time to send in a review. We very much appreciate your feedback. I am elated to read that your expectations were met and do hope to see you both again for another date night!

Looking forward to serving you again soon here at Dusit Thani Guam Resort.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Upon arriving in Tumon, Guam I discovered this Lobby Lounge and was pleasantly surprised :) My standards prior to this visit was a cocktail was a cocktail. My first experience there was "Happy Hour" 5:30p -8:30p. for $29 all you can drink. What a deal !! Dusit's staff in the Lounge is top notch, no matter the night of the week they made me feel welcomed. The bartenders are very skilled, where I challenged them on occasion to make me a drink w/ rum and was never disappointed. So I challenge you to discover a favorite drink of your own from one of the bartenders on staff. ;-)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear cgars4eva,

Thank you for sending in some comments of your recent visits to our Lobby Lounge. Indeed, our nightly Golden Hour is a wonderful time to visit and take advantage of a great deal. I am very happy that you were pleased with the service as well as the drinks made for you. It's always great to read of our guests enjoying themselves and I am sure the staff welcomed your challenge with open arms and open minds. I am glad you weren't left disappointed but rather impressed with their skills.

It would be our pleasure to welcome and serve you again here at Dusit Thani Guam Resort.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Friendly staff, outstanding drinks, amazing live music. This is the place to be if you are in Tumon. Just ask for Stanley and he will make sure you have an amazing time. The atmosphere is relaxing and inviting. Two drinks will keep you coming back for more...The Angel's Smile mojito is light and refreshing with hints of watermelon and lemongrass. My favorite is the Garden Deluxe which comes together as one of the most unique drinks i've had in Guam. Edlyn and Mark are both outstanding behind the bar and will take care of your every need. Must visit and try. If i visit Guam again i will definitely come back to the Lobby Bar at Dusit Thani.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
DTGU8888, General Manager at Dusit Thani Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Hello grantnak,

Thank you for sending in some fantastic feedback of our Lobby Lounge! It is such a delight to read of your visit and your satisfaction with the service from Stanley and his team along with the distinctive drinks prepared for you by Edlyn and Mark. Should your travels bring you through our island again, we hope to welcome you back and see you again here at Dusit Thani Guam Resort!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

I noticed seven different things broken or not working in my room. After checkout, I tried to be helpful by giving them a list.

Big mistake. Because they hadn't detected any of the problems before we checked in, they decided that we had broken stuff and charged us a damage penalty.

I noticed some stuff wrong the previous time we visited so I already knew they had some maintenance problems. But I thought that I could help them by pointing stuff out. They obviously have some fundamental things they need to address. But after what they put me through I think they are in denial and would rather blame their customers than admit they have a problem.

Their other justification for charging us for damage was that we hadn't reported the problems as soon as we discovered them. I never wanted to be one of those people who whine about every little problem with their hotel room. But you can bet that I will be from now on.

What a horrible way to end our visit.

Room Tip: I recommend a room in the The Outrigger hotel next door.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Adam R
DTGU8888, General Manager at Dusit Thani Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear Mr. Rice,

I appreciate you taking the time to send in a review of your recent stay with us last February. And it is deeply saddening to read about your unhappiness with the property as a whole. I have spoken to our Front Office staff regarding the issues you've mentioned and they were able to fill me in about the situations that have occurred in your room whilst you were here.

I want to thank you for your business and for choosing the Dusit Thani Guam Resort for your accommodations.