1,294 results
All reviews gun beach small dishes japanese restaurant private beach japanese families breakfast buffet room rate guam filipino
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Nikko! The location is slightly secluded from the rest of the strip but still close enough that you are near all of the restaurants and shopping. The hotel has such a unique architecture to admire as you enter the property! There was plenty of parking. Upon walking into the lobby you are met by a fresh breeze from the ocean since it is open air. There is a cafe and a store to shop for items/souvenirs. There are several restaurants and a spa. There is a bar inside near the check in desk and another outside at the pool. The hotel has a private beach area! The room was comfortable and had a beautiful view! The A/C worked well!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing view once we stepped into our room! Loving it’s private beach and the swimming pool! Also u get to see the beautiful sunset from the room! Great staff ! Would definitely come back for the next visit

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

First of all, I have worked in a hotel before and I understand the standard of service that is supposed to be given.

We arrived an hour early and was hoping to check into our room early. The receptionist had to ask the person standing next to her to assist, without explaining or checking, said the rooms were not ready. I understand in this case that housekeepers are given an allotted time to clean all of the rooms and that checking in early in some hotels is not permitted. I personally felt it could have been handled better. So, we took a walk down the beach and got a drink at a local bar.

When we checked in at 3pm, the lady was polite. However, she just handed us our room key and that was it. No explanation as to where anything was in the hotel. No map, nothing.

Getting to the room, we were shocked at how dated the decor was. It was in serious need of some updating! Decor was very dated and only one pillow per bed, both which were very used and almost flat. Marks on the glass and mirrors. Best thing was the balcony which had a lovely view of Tumon bay.

Originally we picked this hotel as it was close to the event we were going too, reasonable price and thought it included breakfast (to find out in the morning, that it didn’t). For the same price we could have got a nicer room at the Hyatt!

If you’re looking for a night away in a basic room, then you’ve found the perfect place.
But this wasn’t for us.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aprilharvay12
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with our two kids (5 &7) in March 2018. We decided to stay at this hotel because of the good reviews (for the most part) on Trip Advisor. I would caution people looking to stay at this hotel and tell them to pay attention to the negative reviews. I’m not sure why this place is rated so highly. For the price that we paid, we expected a much higher standard of hotel. We could have booked the Hilton or Hyatt for the same price but we decided to stay at the Nikko because of the beach, water slide for the kids, and trip advisor reviews. The beach is the only thing I would recommend about this hotel.

With respect to the hotel room, ours was extremely dated and likely not renovated in 20 years. The rooms are lined with plush carpet which is a terrible idea for a beach hotel. The carpet was stained and the room smelled of mould. I can get over the smell given that it’s a tropical climate and there is high humidity but the room was down right filthy. There were boogers smeared on the bathroom wall and hair piled up in all corners of the bathroom.

What also irked me was the fact that the hotel nickel and dimes guests. We received two complimentary bottles of water when we checked in but none on day two or three. When I called housekeeping and asked if I could get two more bottles delivered but was advised that there would be a $1.19 charge. Water is only complimentary on day 1 and they don’t care if you stay there 7 nights.

The pool staff also strictly a very strange rule that swimming masks (just the mask, no snorkel) are not allowed. Only goggles are allowed. When I asked them what the difference is, they said that it is a hotel rule and goggles could be rented for $2.00. They don’t want you using your own swim mask so that you are forced to rent their goggles. This is another example of nickel and diming guests.

The dinner bufffet costs US $110.00 for two adults and two kids. Complete rip off.

Save the headache and stay at a reputable hotel for the same price. You will at least get a clean room and water.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Roam763073
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I stayed in the hotel for a week. Room need to be renovated. Bird waste all over the balcony. Breakfast buffet choice was limited as it's catered mainly for Japanese and Korean.

The beach was so peaceful and quiet. There is a Japanese restaurant opened for dinner which was really good.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo