“Definitely not a Shiatsu massage! ”
Review of Spa Bali Guam

Spa Bali Guam
Ranked #3 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Tumon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Spa Bali Guam, located in the Guam Plaza Resort & Spa, is Guam's only authentic Balinese Spa. Our staff are all Balinese trained masseuses! Offering traditional Balinese massage, Ayurvedic treatments and a full array of spa services including Chocolate massages, warm stone massage, hair cream baths, body scrubs, Ultimate Foot Rituals and much more. Open 7 days a week from 9 am to 9 pm.
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I'm quite disappointed. I paid for 60 minute Shiatsu massage and what I got in return was NOT what I asked for. Staff was friendly, but c'mon....

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

The spa is easy to find on the ground floor of the Guam Plaza Hotel. Located conveniently by the Westin, Guam Reef and Outrigger.

The prices are pretty competitive and they offer a few discounts depending on if you are traveling on a tour group, US Military, or students.

I booked a 90 minute massage online, it was easy to book and hassle free upon arrival.

They accept credit cards, but they do not have the option to add your tip to your credit card.

The spa itself is somewhat small for a hotel spa. It's essentially a hallway of rooms.

There is no dressing room, so you go directly from the lobby to a massage room. That's ok in a stand alone spa, but most attached to hotels have a dressing room to change into a robe, lock your things in a locker, shower and relax for a few minutes before the treatment.

The pros:
The Location- in the heart of Tumon you can walk from *almost* any hotel

The Price - competitive and offers discounts

The okays:
The massage- it was a fair massage that left me feeling relaxed

The service- there was an issue that led to me requiring a refund (see the bads sections) the staff while friendly and accommodating was ill equipped to handle that situation.

The facilities- no dressing room or showers, no robe, no locker, the bathroom is not even in the spa. Again, many massage parlors and spas do not have this, however nearly every hotel spa I have visited has had this.

The Bad:
The timing- my massage shortened to 60 minutes without any mention. As I had already paid for 90 minutes, I asked for a refund. The front desk clerk was incredibly helpful but the staff was not equipped to handle a refund. It was poor service to cut a massage 30 minutes short and say nothing about it. Speaking to friends that have patronized this spa as well, this seems to be typical- treatments and massages being cut substantially short with no mention. I brought it up and asked for a refund of the 30 minutes I didn't receive, my friends all said they didn't think to do that.
It's not relaxing to go to a spa and have to be watching the clock. I've had massages end a bit short and taken note, but never asked for a refund. This was blatant. I booked a 90 minute massage and was at the spa for almost exactly 90 minutes, to include tea, filling out paperwork, reading a magazine, a trip to the bathroom, a massage, and discussing the refund for the short massage. My massage was actually under 60 minutes total. The staff was accommodating and refunded me the difference, but it took multiple calls to managers. At one point they just copied down all my credit card info and were going to just keep that lying around until someone who knew how to operate the credit card machine could refund me. Which they estimated would be 5/7 days. Eventually we settled on cash, as I did not want my credit card info floating around.

A fair massage at a competitive rate, but keep an eye on the clock or you'll be paying a much less competitive price for a much shorter massage than expected.

1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed 31 August 2016

We absolutely LOVE Spa Bali! We visit Guam twice a year and we visit Spa Bali at least 4 times a year (twice per visit). They are professional and gracious, the ambiance is straight out of Bali including Batik robes. The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. You feel like a guest in someone’s home. They give the best massages and we highly recommend the 90 minute option. After the massage they offer you water and their homemade ginger tea, which is delicious. They also sell great smelling soap! We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

As often as I go, I've never had a bad experience. With their friendly staff who are always welcoming, I feel at peace when I'm there. Treatments are awesome and comfortable. A true oasis, why go anywhere else.