Open today: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM

from US$109.95
from US$85.00
from US$124.61
6,135 results
All reviews dole whip pineapple train tour north shore largest maze fun stop worth the trip whips souvenirs hawaii demonstration waikiki
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

This place is a tourist trap and worth the visit. The dole whip is good but we had to wait in a line for over an hour. The maze is more of a gimmick than a maze and not worth our time. The train ride was disappointing especially after waiting another 2 hours in line. The garden is plain and no real information on the plants. When our trip there was over my 14 and 10 year old kids couldn't wait to leave. Don't waste your time; there are so many other activities to do and see. Want my afternoon back.

Reviewed 10 June 2021

Mobbed. We waited in line for more than hour for food. (Something other than fries for vegetarians would have been nice.) The children were miserable - they half-heartedly guided us through the crowds in the maze and were not even disappointed that we did not take the train ride since it required a two hour wait, standing in the hot sun. All they wanted to do was go home. Don't waste your time.

Reviewed 9 June 2021

- The store was badly stocked. The Dole executives appear to be overly confident that they would make bank off all of the Covid themed shirts (Social Distancing puns, "Covidiot", etc.) but they were the most overstocked item in the store. There were comparatively very few Dole Logo shirts and the ones available were all Youth sizes. It was the one souvenir that I was dead-set on getting and they were out of my size. Extremely disappointing given the overstock of Covid themed adult sized shirts that I can guarantee nobody wants. Additionally, the store was incredibly small and had no one organizing the lines. This was all the more frustrating given the fact that the restaurant was also located in the shop and it also had a very long line. If this a multi-million dollar company, they should be able to expand in one way or another.

- Some (not all but a considerable amount) of the staff seemed overworked, depressed, and in one case, in a terrible mood. I witnessed a staff member yell at a customer for something relatively little. The various places where people are supposed to take tickets only sometimes had people at the front so I saw many people pass into the exhibits without giving the ticket.

- The Garden is 100% worth the price of admission. It is beautiful and well kept. I got plenty of great pictures.

- The Train is a mixed experience. While it's always fun to ride a train, the sights are few and far in between. The majority of the experience (at least when I was on it) is just looking at wide open planes of dirt. It's also unfortunate that we had to wait 2 hours for it and that there was a part of the line that you couldn't get out of to go explore or stand in the restaurant line that makes you wait around 30-40 minutes. I expected one line of this length here but it still doesn't make it any better. Side note: apparently there are four trains but on this day they only operated two despite the fact that the place was obviously at maximum capacity.

- The maze is a negative experience and not worth the money. Despite reporting itself as the largest maze in the world, it's hardly a maze at all but a series of hedges that leads to various dead ends with nature facts (most of which were pushed over). Maybe kids will find it more entertaining overall but I found it overall dull, especially when you can see through a hedge and see the parking area.

Overall, Dole Plantation was the only truly disappointing part of my trip. I would recommend a visit only if you are a diehard fan but don't feel like you need to see it when there are far better things to experience in Oahu worth every second of your time.

1  Thank WilliamEvansTraveler
Reviewed 8 June 2021

There is no such thing as social distancing at this tourist trap! We stopped in with our teenage/adult kids to grab a Dole pineapple whip and walk around the grounds. Little did we understand how crowded it would be and how difficult it was to just get a little treat! There are 3 lines inside to get food. The lines snake all around the gift shop and is difficult to distinguish where the lines even are! We waited about 45 min in line! Dole really could make this much better as there was only ONE person working the line. She was taking your order, accepting payment and then she had to go make your pineapple treats. We did not attempt to do anything else while there as the wait times were at least 2 hours long.

Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

We had a good time without the added tours or maze. We would have loved to do the train but it was a two hour wait and we just didn't have time. The store was cute with a lot of fun items. We bought some candy and of course some Dole whip which was amazing.