1,295 results
All reviews castaway cafe banyan building coconut building aloha tower full kitchen black rock garden view whalers village free trolley smaller pool beach walk main building great beach two queen beds onsite restaurant studio condo beach towels
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Had a wonderful time staying here. The hotel staff was exceptional, very friendly and accommodating. Having a kitchen was definitely a bonus. There were always plenty of chairs around the pool and the beech is beautiful and not very crowded. The staff at Castway's was mediocre. Entire resort has a great laid back vibe. Location is close to a variety of things to do. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I will definitely be recommending Kaanapali Villas to family and friends!
Mahalo!

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Swissvale
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The place is beautiful, the grounds are well manicured, the staff is awesome and the pools are nice. The waves crashed on the beach so there was very little sand area. Because of the hotels location we got clouds and rain everyday - so we would drive down to Kaanapali and relax on those beaches! The hotel offered a free shuttle to their sister Westin hotel in Kaanapali so we used that each day in order to get some sun and get out of the rain! Next time I would opt for the Westin in Kaanapali! Be aware everything is very expensive so we went to Costco by the airport and ate breakfast and cooked a couple dinners on the BBQ’s located down by the pool! The kitchen area in our two bedroom suite was wonderful and had all of the amenities necessary to make our meals. I gave the hotel a “5” because it’s new, clean and all of the staff were great but I would not stay there again! I would stay at a different Westin hotel! Aloha

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sharkwest2018
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in unit 165 for a night. We stayed in two other hotels in Maui and chose this place for the last night before flying out. This place was cheap on Expedia, and cheap in Maui always equals to worn out old property + rude customer service.

Nothing great to mention, the place is worn out. Room was close to the highway and hearing sirens blaring all night while trying to sleep is not exactly what I expect to be part of Maui vacation. The lady at front desk was rude to begin with at check-in and casually used “I dont know” for basic questions about billing and late check out policy. The rude customer service seems to be a pattern I experienced at other Aston managed property (Mahana at Kanaapali) as well. Not planning on handing my cash to any Aston property next time around.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank LS183
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We booked a premium 1br ocean view which was on the third floor of the main building. We had a fantastic view of the sunset every night, the room was lovely, big, modern, clean and well equipped, bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was enormous. As other reviewers have mentioned the balconies are tiny but we spent most of our time outside anyway. Rooms in the oceanfront 2 storey buildings have bigger balconies. All the staff were very friendly and the beach was beautiful but the water is a bit treacherous for small children, the undertow is strong and the drop off is steep so kids need an adult close by at all times. The pools were great and both have hot tubs. We went to castaway cafe for breakfast one morning but it wasn’t very good and they don’t have an espresso machine only filter coffee. The places at whalers village nearby are much better. Make dinner reservations before arriving on Maui because all the good restaurants are heavily booked. Hula Grill and Merrimans restaurants were fantastic. Would definitely return to this hotel, our condo was better than the ones at Westin ocean villas next door and much cheaper. It’s worth paying extra for the premium rooms they are really beautiful. Paia town was gorgeous with great shopping, definitely worth a visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosemily
Reviewed 23 November 2017

The staff are fantastic!! I think that is at the top of my must haves, great staff make for a great stay! We rented a Studio for our final week on Maui, and I have to say it was extremely spacious, with a king sized bed, great balcony, and had everything we needed for the week! The pools are fantastic, the resort is right on the beach, has a restaurant/bar onsite. The only thing I would improve on would be to have restaurant/bar servers taking care of the guests at the pool. Overall a great place to spend time while on Maui!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple