7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$1,445
View deal
Expedia.comUS$1,440
PricelineUS$1,445
Hotels.comUS$1,440
CheapTicketsUS$1,440
FindHotelUS$1,440
Agoda.comUS$1,445
All reviews timeshare presentation time share living room high end appliances free valet parking bosch appliances master suite pool area ocean view full kitchen second bedroom huge lanai poolside bar timeshare property washer and dryer wonderful property three bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

Came for two weeks. Where reluctant at first. But the resort is doing a wonderful job of protecting us all. They systems in place to clean everything and to maintain socal distancing. As normal everything is beautiful and we can see whales from our room. Our precious Tiki bar is open but restricted. Most restaurants are open and Lahani is great as usual

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kimberly Brown, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Aloha Dan R,

The whales have been very generous this year and I’m so happy you decided to come and experience them play.

It is important to us to keep our owners, guests, associates, and community safe. And I thank you for your compliment as our resort staff has been working diligently in maintaining cleanliness and social distancing. We hope to welcome you back in the future and thank you for allowing us to host you!

Reviewed 3 February 2021 via mobile

The property is great but my check in experience was subpar. I’m a Hyatt globalist, booked through Hyatt and not an owner. Fully knowing little to no benefit offered at this location, we arrived slightly past 3pm. There was a few people at FD, but it took a few mins for one of them to wave me over. Check in was fairly quick and FD staff asked me to initial a form agreeing to check out before 10am on the day of departure. No late check! that’s fine, fully understood. But after I handed back the singed form, FD promptly told me that my room wasn’t quite ready because of a missing item. I asked nicely how long it might take. FD desk replied “it’s usually fast, but it could take anywhere from 5 mins to half an hour”. I replied “Ok, understood”. An hour into the waiting, I went back to the FD to check on status, same answer “the room isn’t quite ready because of a missing item.” I asked again how much longer it might take. The agent was a bit annoyed and replied “I do not know, it could take anywhere between 5 mins and half an hour. We will let you know when it is ready!!” Okay, I went back to the seating area close to FD. Another hour passed, no update. I had a few eye contacts with FD when looking over but didn’t seem to ring the bell to them. Yet another hour passed at around 6pm, three hours into the waiting, when check in area was pretty much empty, another FD staff approached me and told me “I’m glad to inform you that you have been upgraded to a different room.” ....

The property itself is beautiful and well maintained. A bit lack of dining option. Location is convenient.

Date of stay: November 2020
Kimberly Brown, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Aloha jjww0726,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the property. We consider ourselves blessed to have the view that we do, especially during whale season!

In addition, thank you for sharing your check-in experience as we always appreciate feedback on areas that can be improved. I understand after a long flight and now going through a new process at the airport, having a room available is very helpful. I will be sure to communicate this to our Front Office Managers to help remind our team of timeliness as I know how valuable that is. We do hope to welcome you back in the future and thank you for choosing to stay with us during your vacation.

Reviewed 30 December 2020

We had a great time and the service was wonderful. We liked that they seemed to take Covid seriously and everyone was wearing masks and there was constant cleaning. I wish the beach was larger because there is only a very small thin strip of sand at low tide. We ended up driving to other nearby beaches instead. We had a 2 bedroom ocean view and it was nice except the 2nd bedroom faced a wall of some sort from a parking structure. The ocean view was not direct it was to the side and the Hyatt next door was in center of the view. They did offer to move us for a fee but we ended up staying where we were. I wish the pool had a better view of the ocean but it is a beautiful pool and there was a small adults only pool. Pool service was great and quick even when the pool was fully crowded. The valets were excellent -very quick, friendly and helpful.

Room tip: high floors in the center have the best direct views
Date of stay: December 2020
Kimberly Brown, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Aloha Lara A,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and kind words about the staff. I am very blessed to have such amazing associates here that are also very proud of this property.

I apologize the view was not as expected. If we are lucky enough to be your select destination in the future, please do not hesitate to call ahead to share your room preferences and we would be happy to help you. We look forward to the day we welcome you back!

Reviewed 15 December 2020

It's been 2 years since we visited the Hyatt Residence Club and when we arrived it felt like returning home. This property does a wonderful job creating a special experience for guests. We love the boutique feel of the Residence Club and also having access to the amenities of the Hyatt next door - it's like a terrific 2-in-1! We spent our last night at the Westin Nanea and there was no comparison - that is when we realized how truly special the Hyatt Residence Club is - everything about the property is relaxing and the entire staff goes out of the way to make guests feel valued and a priority.

We love the beautiful balconies, spacious rooms, well equipped kitchen - you have everything you need for a relaxing stay. We did yoga every morning while our kids were online for school, took advantage of the running path and jogged into Lahaina for coffee, watched for turtles, played in the waves and loved having everything so close.

Well done Hyatt! We'll be back, hopefully soon!

Room tip: All rooms have incredible views
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Fletcherali

Aloha Fletcherali,

It is great to hear that you had a special experience while staying with us here at the Hyatt Residence Club Maui. We consider ourselves very lucky to work alongside one another, all whilst hosting our extended family (you).

It brings me a great amount of appreciation that you were able to enjoy both the facilities and the surrounding areas itself. Maui is very beautiful and I am happy you were able to experience all it has to offer. Thank you for sharing a piece of your stay with us. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 24 November 2020

We had to cancel our stay at this resort due to COVID quarantine requirements. I was told in August that the refund will take approx 2 weeks. About a month later, I still had not receive a refund. When I called to follow up, I was told that due to the pandemic, they had to handle a lot of cancellations and are experiencing delays in processing. I was told to wait another week or so. 2 weeks goes by and nothing. I called again and again and was given the exact same script each and every time. I was then told that they submitted a request to check on my refund status and I should hear back in a day or 2. A week goes by again and crickets. I called and they said they still don't have a status and that they would escalate it to a manager and that will help speed things up. Another week goes by and no email, no calls from Hyatt. I called again and was told the manager had processed my refund a couple days ago. No refund came through on my credit card and I was told the manager will reach out to me. Again, nothing. I called and was transferred to the manager's voicemail. I left a voicemail asking for a call back and now 2 days later, no call. I called today again and was once again transferred to the manager's voicemail. One of the representatives I spoke with said since they are on the reservation side, all they can do is submit refund request and beyond that there's nothing they can do. She also told me that a lot of other customers are experiencing the same thing as if that should make me feel better that others are also not getting their money back. It's now almost 3 months since the original request was submitted. This horrific experience has wasted so much of my time and energy. I am still going to continue to chase after my refund but one thing for sure is despite lots of amazing experiences at Hyatt properties all over the world, this company has lost me as a customer for good.

Date of stay: August 2020
Kimberly Brown, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka'anapali Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2020

Aloha Amy C R,

Thank you for sharing your reservation experience with us here at the Hyatt Residence Club Maui. We wish that you could have had the amazing experience you would usually have and are saddened that we could not provide that this year. It is important to us that this is rectified and I would like to speak with you on the phone to receive more information on how we can do that. Please reach out to me on my direct line by calling 808-662-1002, Kimberly Brown.