Open today: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome day with Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy

Lee was fantastic with our four children. They all caught waves and enjoyed the surf experience. We... read more

Reviewed yesterday
BradaJones
Highland, Utah
Royal Hawaiian was awesome!

We had the best experience with a semi private lesson with Keali “K”. He made my 10 & 12 yr old... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Jamie S

Recommended experiences in and around Maui
from US$65.00
from US$79.95
from US$75.62
from US$112.38
1,962 results
All reviews group lesson instructor josh great instructor semi private lesson these guys riding waves learning how great pictures first timers a lot of fun amazing experience super fun top notch board blast beginners maui
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2021

We had a perfect late morning adventure with RHSA - My 8 yr old grandson, 13 yr. old grand daughter who was celebrating her birthday that day, and I - at the ripe old age of 70 went surfing.
Super instructors who succeeded in getting all 3 of us up and riding on our first try, and most runs thereafter. The Kids have proclaimed this is now one of their top 3 sports. Great service, perfect surfing conditions, and a fabulous time had by all. thank you!!! We'll be back

Reviewed 24 February 2021

This was an excellent beginner’s course on surfing. We were lucky to take an early class with Josh as our instructor. He was a great teacher, enthusiastic and fun to talk to. And we were up on our boards within the first few tries, much to our surprise! Could not recommend Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy enough - ask for Josh if you want an instructor with years of experience, a fun personality, and no judgement!

Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

My husband and I took a private surf lesson with Keoni that was awesome! We learned a lot, caught a ton of waves, and had a great time surfing. We really increased our confidence so we were able to rent boards and go out on our own a few days later. I’ve taken surf lessons before but never felt prepared for surfing on my own, but after one lesson with RHSA and Keoni, we were both ready to go. Thank you so much for an incredible experience. Highly recommend surf lessons with Keoni!

Reviewed 21 February 2021

My wife and I had a great experience with this surf academy. I am an idiot and when we showed up for our lesson on February 10th, I realized I booked it for the 17th. Oops. So I called the and tried to see if they could figure something out and they did. They called our instructor, Kioni, and he showed up 15 minutes later. I think I just got out of bed haha. Kioni was super nice and helpful. I highly recommend him as an instructor.

Reviewed 11 February 2021

My boyfriend and I took a surf lesson and Josh was our instructor. He was super nice, very patient, and great at instructing. We got up on a longboard numerous times and had a blast. We were able to take the skills we learned from his lesson and apply them a few days later when we rented boards on our own on the Big Island and were successful getting up again. Also, I wasn't inclined to buy the pictures at first, but after seeing the amazing quality and quantity we decided to buy the package. I don't remember the photographers name, but he does a great job also.

Date of experience: January 2021